What's new

BradWorld's Shave Journal

Been five days since I’ve shaved. Not sure what is going on, but moving to Florida makes me wanna be more scruffy!
That's the "Florida Man" effect starting to come into play. You know the "Florida Man Effect" creeps up on you and causes you to do something truly stupid that gets you into the news. It's a plague.

64zkjx.jpg

This would've been epic but you know turtles...he ran out of time waiting for them to attack. BADABOOM!

e07a5a40498b9afcdfe6bbce267e13c0.jpg

More proof? See below

65360e2892633.jpeg

Be careful and think any actions through before attempting.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I wish Timeless had that dimple handle design in titanium.... I love my Ti 0.60OC with the Crown handle... but I'd buy one or two dimple handles if they were available in titanium... and a couple extra Crown handles if they had them in bronze. They are an odd company...sort of.... Several of us offered to pre-order and pre-pay Crown handles in bronze. They don't plan on deviating from what they normally do... It's their business and I want them to stay in business... So perhaps they know best.

Coincidentally, I am not a fan of the Crown handle at all. Really dislike the look and shape actually. Funny. Everyone loves it. Uses it on Wolfman heads and such. I can not ever imagine using anything but a Wolfman handle on a Wolfman razor. Such a great match, and well balanced. But I am a live and let live kind of guy.

But yes, Timeless is a great company and does what they want to do. Which I respect.

That's the "Florida Man" effect starting to come into play. You know the "Florida Man Effect" creeps up on you and causes you to do something truly stupid that gets you into the news. It's a plague.

I see it happening already! Oh no!!!

Wanted Poster Brad Not Shaving.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Coincidentally, I am not a fan of the Crown handle at all. Really dislike the look and shape actually. Funny. Everyone loves it. Uses it on Wolfman heads and such. I can not ever imagine using anything but a Wolfman handle on a Wolfman razor. Such a great match, and well balanced. But I am a live and let live kind of guy.

But yes, Timeless is a great company and does what they want to do. Which I respect.

I see it happening already! Oh no!!!

View attachment 1799886
I do have two Wolfman handles: the 3/7 bronze hollow 90mm and the Darwin. I use the 3/7 with my WR2 and plan to use the Darwin with my upcoming WR4. That said, though I agree, it's subjective, I use the Ti Crown handles on most of my SS razors. I like the style and the weight. It tilts the balance just the right amount towards the razor head for me. With the Ti 0.68OC, the total razor is more neutral... sort of light overall..... I don't notice the handle being the main feel like I do with the OEM handles on my SS razors.

I have read a lot of people like the razor balance to be towards the handle and enjoy the weight of an overall heavier razor. I bought my first Ti Crown for exactly the reasons you don't like it... the way it looks. lol I didn't know I'd like the reduced weight but it turns out, I do.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
No shaving today. But I did put a bunch of razors up on the BST today. Some good stuff too. Doing the downsizing thing is a bit painful sometimes. But when I get to the other side, and have minimalized all of my personal possessions, I will be in a healthy state. Hopefully. :)

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Last shave of Fruity February I went with the fruitiest soap ever. The Aloha Smackdown in CK-6. It has a huge scent profile of Hawaiian Punch, fruit punch. It’s a massive scent. One of my top 3 soap bases too.

Took out a beaUtiful restored and replated USA Aristocrat from 48 to 50. What a looker.

Wizamet. Rudy STF.

Finished up with Passiflora splash. Again, mega fruity scent.

2024-02-28 10.23.42.jpeg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
It's been a bit since my last post. Sorry about that. I've been on the road and really busy. I did manage to get two shaves while traveling. Both with a lovely NEW Short Comb. A bit of a weird razor for me. Always loved the NEW LC. But early on, I did not get along with the SC version. Weeper city. But years later, when I learned how to shave steep, and started using more aggressive razors, the SC became a beast. Shaves really close and remains comfortable. Same setup for both travel shaves.

20240302_060254.jpg

Today I had a lovely shave. I started the latest Blade Challenge Pif. So I used the British London Bridge blade. Excellent shave. Close. Super comfy. Excellent near-BBS results.

WR2 1.15 is my number one. A little Omnibus Death whipped up with my Paladin Polo. And a splash of Passiflora finished it up. Awesome.

20240310_091644.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Had another great shave today. Again, went about 5 days without shaving. So there was a good amount to cut off. Great smooth shave. The London Bridge (British) and the Slim on 7 was a great pairing. The Southern Witchcrafts soap was awesome too. And the B&M Omnibus Leviathan Balm and Spalsh were top notch as usual. The Rudy Vey STF was as expected... amazing!

2024-03-20 11.20.45.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Monday March 25

I had my first shot at a Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade blade. I am taking part in the Two Bridges Blade PIF Challenge. This blade was smooth and sharp. It wiped away 5 days of growth like it wasn’t even there. When I let my stubble go for 4 or more days, I usually get a little tugging around the mouth, which is to be expected. So,it was one of the smoothest shaves I’ve ever had with and ultra efficient razor. The Gen 2 CG Level 2 is quite a terrific razor. But at the end of this shave, the overall shave results were no better, nor no worse, than my other top tier blades. But it’s that magically smooth ride that makes this blade shine.

The rest of my kit was pretty much standard. Passiflora soap and splash. Rudy STF. Top shelf accoutrements.

Stay smooth.

2024-03-25 11.19.54.jpeg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Sat 3/30
SPACE Week SOTD
Vintage April Preview!

For Space Week SOTD, I dug out the most spacey razor ever. The 1967 M-4 Gillette Techmatic.

I instigated this Week's Space SOTD theme because Thursday was supposed to be the final mission of the venerable Delta IV Heavy rocket. But alas, the mission was scrubbed until next week. Regardless, today is a rare Space day anyway. There are 2 Falcon 9 rocket launches scheduled this evening from Cape Canaveral. Weather permitting of course.

So we have a Techmatic Adjustable on High. Fresh blade segment on the band. Organism 43-3 Soap and 42 splash both prominently feature Space aliens 👽.

The Techmatic has a bad reputation. But it actually shaves very well. As good as a Tech. For the most part.

I think the bad rap is due to the aging of the cartridges. As a rule, I skip past the first two "blades" to avoid any issues. Regardless had a great shave today!

20240330_095104.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Today’s shave experiment was a mixed result. I paired an aggressive and efficient vintage razor with what is perhaps the sharpest blade ever made. The Light Brigade. And a NEW Standard razor. The results were smooth and super close. But there were some weepers on my neck. Nothing bad. But they were there. They were gone after cold water rinse. Then I applied some B&M Passiflora Balm prior to a splash of the matching aftershave. This razor may have been a little too much for that blade, or vice versa. But it was an enjoyable close shave that lasted many hours. And in the end, no harm done.

2024-04-01 16.47.07.jpeg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Travel SOTD!

I am out in Salt Lake City this week. Its a short trip, so I brought a carry-on only. Well, I am also in the midst of settling into my RV minimalist lifestyle, which is basically a life of juggling boxes and bins of all my stuff right now. I am working to downsize further. But anyways, i didn't really have time to dig down into who knows what bin to find my disposable razors, or a trac II or something. So yesterday, i went to the local grocery store, Harmons, and bought some super cheap BIC Comfort 3 disposables. Four razors for four bucks and change. And you know what? They were not bad! Super comfortable. Close enough for what i needed. And there was no drama. The rest of the kit was my standard stuff. Muhle STF 23 mm. Arko. Clubman Brandy Spice... which is almost to the bottom. So that's gonna need a replacement soon. All great travel gear. But when I check a bag, which is most times, i bring a proper DE razor. Sometimes vintage. Sometimes modern. Toss in a tub of soap and some better splash. But on those occasions a few times a year when I carry-on, I dont mind using a disposable. I tend to prefer the Bic Metal. Or a vintage Trac II. But these BIC Chrome 3's are not bad. And I wont mind using the other ones on subsequent trips! Rock on people!

20240404_061845.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I had not mentioned it here, but I had lost my Tradere OC! Yes. Lost. For many months. When we did the final packing to permanently move into the RV, it got buried. Buried deep. It took over five months to finally find it this weekend. Boy was I happy when I unearthed yet another box containing razors and brushes, and found my Tradere.

So of course I used it on the next shave. I had to. I don't care that it's Vintage April. I really missed that razor. It is certainly in my top three favorite razors of all time with the Wolfman and Charcoal Goods.

Another super enjoyable surprise was the re-release of B&M Passiflora soap! I had been scraping the bottom of my original Passiflora tub. I asked Will when he was gonna make more and he said he had no plans. But then it popped up on their site. Yippie!

Light Brigade blade (3) was perfect.

And that Wald is amazing.

20240409_103342.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Travel SOTD

I wrote the following paragraph in the SOTD thread. But I want to document these thoughts in my journal as well. I’m still on the road. Same kit as last shave. But we are in a different place. A different state. We have a family wedding today. Then we start heading homeward tomorrow. I will have two days in the car, two days at home, then it’s back on an airplane to cross the country once again.

This is a super rare Airbnb shave. I do not prefer the Airbnb model at all. I don’t like staying in someone else’s house, with a loose leaf binder full of rules and regulations. And I have status with three major hotel brands, so I get pretty good service at hotels. But I am going to a wedding with the wife and the adult kids, and it’s nice to stay in the same place, cook meals. But it is a rare thing for me indeed.

Regardless, great shave today. Doesn’t get much better than the Travel kit I have with me right now.

Charcoal Goods Level 2 Gen 2 Stainless
Perma Sharp (2)
Muhle STF 23 mm
B&M 42 Soap and Splash

View attachment 1832646

Top Bottom