What's new

BradWorld's Shave Journal

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Interesting. So are you guys going to stay in the RV and not have a conventional house at all? It does sound like an attractive lifestyle.
Yes! This is what we are doing now. Living in the RV is easy. It what to do with all your stuff. That’s the only tough part. We are striving to not have any storage units, or keep more than a bin or two at relative’s houses. We are not roughing it. Our RV is super comfortable. And we have a home base in an RV camping resort with all the amenities.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Catch up post from Wednesday 1/24. On the road working at the NAMM musical instrument trade show this week. But I got in a good one before I hopped on the plane. Looks like the same exact stuff as the last shave? Yup! Why? Because it’s the best of the best!

2024-01-23 23.34.09.jpeg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Crazy hectic week at the NAMM show. I am finally getting a chance to shave this morning after 4 days. I think I am going to sell my last Timeless, which is 68 SB with a Scallop bar and plain top cap. It is stainless and polished. Beautiful razor! But I have outgrown its shave capabilities by a very wide margin. So I took it out on the road to give it some love before I post it on the BST. I was secretly hoping that I would fall back in love with it and keep it. What a looker it is. But alas, it is not to be. This morning's shave was extremely enjoyable. And the results were quite good. Just about a DFS. But not good enough to hang with a Wolfman or Charcoal Goods razor. Wont stand up to the Blackland razors either. Enjoy you day fellas!

2024-01-28 08.26.06.jpg

Yes! This is what we are doing now. Living in the RV is easy. It what to do with all your stuff. That’s the only tough part. We are striving to not have any storage units, or keep more than a bin or two at relative’s houses. We are not roughing it. Our RV is super comfortable. And we have a home base in an RV camping resort with all the amenities.
Nice! Do you tow a small vehicle behind you when you're traveling? Or employ bicycles?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I think the Timeless Ti 0.68OC gives me just that tad extra efficiency so for me, it can fit in with my other top razors with ease. I just used it the other day, in fact.... Stellar shave for me.... but as always, YMMV. The WR2 0.95 is also efficient enough for me... so there is that. <eg>

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I think the Timeless Ti 0.68OC gives me just that tad extra efficiency so for me, it can fit in with my other top razors with ease. I just used it the other day, in fact.... Stellar shave for me.... but as always, YMMV. The WR2 0.95 is also efficient enough for me... so there is that. <eg>
That makes sense. My primary mild and efficient razor is the WR2 1.15. So that is the baseline by which I measure a close shave. And the Timeless 68 falls short.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Behind in my posting again. So ridiculously busy. Traveling in UT right now. But got an excellent shave before I left! This one is from Sat 2/3.

Charcoal Goods Level 2 Gen 2 Stainless
Nacet (1)
Rudy STF
CK-6 Aloha Smackdown
Passiflora Splash

It’s Fruity February. This shave wiped out about a week worth of stubble. Amazingly smooth! Almost BBS results.

2024-02-03 12.52.47.jpeg

Hey Brad, I hope nomadic life is treating you well!!

I am back on the Wolfman list and my name will be coming up shortly so I wanted to pick your brain on the differences between the WR2 1.15 SB and WR2 1.15 OC. I already have the WR2 1.15 OC and get along with it well but I am thinking about getting the 1.15 SB.

Do you find the 1.15 SB smoother but still as efficient as the OC?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Do you find the 1.15 SB smoother but still as efficient as the OC?
Much smoother. Nearly as efficient but not quite. I often wonder if my OC was made with a higher gap by accident, but I know it wasn’t. Mine has the wide scallops, and they may change the shave dynamics just enough to increase the aggressiveness on the OC. Who knows. I like the 1.15 SB infinitely more. It’s my number one.

Much smoother. Nearly as efficient but not quite. I often wonder if my OC was made with a higher gap by accident, but I know it wasn’t. Mine has the wide scallops, and they may change the shave dynamics just enough to increase the aggressiveness on the OC. Who knows. I like the 1.15 SB infinitely more. It’s my number one.
Thanks!! I like my 1.15 OC, but I find it is pretty fussy with blades and I can get irritated using it 7 days in row! I think the 1.15 SB sounds like a great option!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Tuesday 1/6 - Travel Shave

Took a carry-on this week. Not a big fan of that. There is a certain freedom of traveling with just a small backpack and picking up your bags when you get there. But sometimes the convenience of rolling all of your stuff with you, and saving a bunch of time not having to wait at the baggage claim just wins that decision making process.

My go-to carry on razor recently has been the Bic Metal. It's like a Trac II, but shaves a little better overall. One fixed blade. Metal safety bar. Plastic handle. It just works. Shaves as well as a Tech. Feel very much like an Injector. I would not use it just because. But while subjected to TSA carry-on regulations, the Metal has been my choice these days. Good DFS shave. A little neck irritation that went away with the cold rinse. Otherwise enjoyable.

Did the Arko today. It's Fruity February. And I have been told that Arko is lemon scented. It's mentioned in the Fruity February 2024 opening post. So it counts. But I don't really get lemon. Maybe a little. More like citronella. Lol.

Whipped it all up with my standard travel brush. The STF 23 mm. Can't see that changing any time soon. Really great brush.

And the Clubman Brandy Spice is bearing the bottom. So time to find another awesome travel splash. Maybe just fill a travel bottle with something i have on the shelf.

Stay smooth!

20240206_070525.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Space Week! My favorite themed SOTD!

Anyways, happen to have a sample of Mega Flora with me on the road this week. Cant get more space theme than that. Just take a look at the label! Well, maybe if I shaved it with a Techmatic! But there is time for that. The week just started!

One last visit with the Timeless 68 in stainless. Just look at that beauty of a razor. But alas, i have grown accustomed to more aggressive razors now, and this one will go to the BST. But what a nice run we have had together.

Standard kit otherwise. Wizzie blade. STF 23mm. And no aftershave today. That Timeless is so smooth, and so soft, that I dont need no aftershave! Really. But if i run my fingers over the challenge spots on my jaw line and neck, there is that telltale hint of scratchiness there. So while this Timeless is one of the smoothest razors I have ever used, and its efficiency is way more than you would think it should be... its still not efficient like my WR2 1.15. And that Wolf is the barometer by which I measure all other razors.

Stay smooth!
2024-02-19 08.13.49.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I wish Timeless had that dimple handle design in titanium.... I love my Ti 0.60OC with the Crown handle... but I'd buy one or two dimple handles if they were available in titanium... and a couple extra Crown handles if they had them in bronze. They are an odd company...sort of.... Several of us offered to pre-order and pre-pay Crown handles in bronze. They don't plan on deviating from what they normally do... It's their business and I want them to stay in business... So perhaps they know best.

Top Bottom