What's new

Boston red sox?

What an exhausting series that was. The Rays, even when committing errors all over the place, made the Sox earn those runs. I really thought Maddon got too cute with the pitching changes in game 4. I thought he'd ride Moore for at least a few innings.

Personally I think the Sox match up decently against either team, but actually I'd favor facing the Tigers. Cabrera is a shell of himself, not only as a batter, but more importantly as a fielder. That defense is horrific. Cabrera fields about as well as I could at this stage and needs to DH, but Martinez hasn't caught in ages. Fielder can't be moved (unless its to DH) and Peralta isn't a left-fielder. I feel that we could get some "cheap" hits and scoring opportunities against them (imagine Cabrera trying to track down some of those Texas Leaguers that Ellsbury was hitting to LF) that we wouldn't against the A's. Plus the Tigers bullpen is pretty bad.

I know that Verlander and Scherzer are at the top, but Verlander probably wouldn't be available until game 3 and Scherzer just pitched (mediocre too) in relief the other day. Plus while the Sox can't "handle" Verlander and Scherzer exactly, they can wear them down.

Top Bottom