What's new

Best brush for soap

The best for loading soap would be SOC Mistura and Semogue Barbear Português Limited Edition 2023.

But honestly, I'm only saving a few seconds over my other brushes.

If we're talking about making lather I have quite a few favorites, including a Wald synthetic and SOC TNE LE boar - so I find no particular advantage to badger, boar or synthetic as a class of brush, although given my current collection I'd pick badger if forced to name a favorite.

There is no perfect brush for me. I like a fair amount of backbone - but not too much, and definitely soft tips - which can be diametrically opposed to the whole backbone thing, and a comfortable handle - pretty would be nice, and I really like a brush that doesn't like to fling soap around the bathroom. All my favorites are very close, with slight variations on each of my desired characteristics. Fortunately, I've learned to live without perfection - pretty darn good gets me by.
Great writeup, musicman! Cheers!

I have 3 Brushes, none over 20 bucks, function over fancy name brand.

I have never used 100 dollar plus brush, mine work.

One was under 8 bucks cheap Omega.

…and for something completely different a badger and boar brush. Something with a bit of backbone and makes a wonderful lather.

Attachments

• IMG_0420.jpeg
    IMG_0420.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
I find myself reaching for Boar more frequently than Badger. While I do not have a ton of brushes I have more than a few of each and find the Boars are more satisfying overall and once broken in I think they just feel better on my face than the badger. I did have a pleasant experience with a synthetic today, but if I had to choose one right now it would be Boar.

Omega Professional 10098. Lots of backbone but soft tips from the first use. Releases lather without having to press on my face. If I had to use only brush for the rest of my life, it would be this one.

Top Bottom