What's new

Best Brand Home Faucets

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
i was looking for the good quality and latest good design kitchen faucets if any of you here have experience with buying a good product let me know that Which is the best kitchen faucet?

I recently bought a Moen Roman bath set for a soaker tub, but from a friend at a plumbing supply shop. Pick the fixtures you like, but spend the extra for commercial valves. They wont be cheap however. The valves for my tub set were $945. Buy it right and buy it once.

My kitchen set is a single handle Delta, again with a commercial valve set. In the last 20 years I've had to replace the stem once. On a Moen from Home Depot in another kitchen I replaced the stem twice, then bought another faucet.

I prefer the Delta.

I have a cousin and a friend that are both plumbers and they both agree that the Big Box stuff is much cheaper quality than the stuff they get from the wholesalers. That said, I've replaced (Big Box) Moen cartridges 3 times in 20 years on the kitchen tap and once each for the tub and bathroom sink. Easy exchange-bring it to the store, they give you a new one, away you go, but you are still replacing cartridges fairly frequently (IMHO). Try to find a "professional" store that sells to non-pros and get one there or get them through a pro if need be. That's my suggestion.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
How does a ten year old thread about faucets show up in the Speakeasy?

one_flew_over_the_cuckoos_nest-1.jpg

According to my nephew who is a Master Plumber...
Kohler is far and away the best product. Must be legit. Kohler is all he has in his house..

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
According to my nephew who is a Master Plumber...
Kohler is far and away the best product. Must be legit. Kohler is all he has in his house..

Sometimes you do get what you pay for, and they arent cheap by any means.

I'm blown away that in the past 10 years no one mentioned Chicago or Gurber

Solid cast brass
Nickel chrome plated brass small parts
Replaceable valve seats

They are NOT inexpensive but if you are looking for quality and longevity measured in centuries this is where you need to look.

If you want shiny bling with plastic insides you won't find any here.

I've put Chicago faucets in all my homes and never given them a single thought after installation

Commercial Faucet and Plumbing Products : Chicago Faucets

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Water goes in may drinks, so can sort of see how it fits in here.
Home brew beer, ice and a few drops in your whisky if that how you like it. A Irish coffee needs water. Then there is the sober driver to consider.

All these brands are foreign to me but Methven is my NZ made taps of choice and recommended by plumbers here.
130 years in business and a great reputation to go with it.
Plastic inside a tap is not something I've seen or heard of........then again I only buy Methven so that may be why. :)

Water goes in may drinks, so can sort of see how it fits in here.
Home brew beer, ice and a few drops in your whisky if that how you like it. A Irish coffee needs water. Then there is the sober driver to consider.

Well, I suppose... but...

"Dedicated to the finer pursuits in life, The Speakeasy is the place to discuss liquor and all other forms of gentlemanly indulgences."

Not trying to start a fight, or offend an Ambassador, just amazed that a faucet thread would revive after ten years here in the Speakeasy. Okay.

Don

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Well, I suppose... but...

"Dedicated to the finer pursuits in life, The Speakeasy is the place to discuss liquor and all other forms of gentlemanly indulgences."

Not trying to start a fight, or offend an Ambassador, just amazed that a faucet thread would revive after ten years here in the Speakeasy. Okay.

Don

Maybe we should get the boys to plumb your house. :a54:

Top Bottom