What's new

ARKO Vs Porasso

Everyone complains about the scent of ARKO, but I opened up my container of Porrasso (green) and it smells straight up like mold. from several feet away. It shaves ok and acts like soap, but it is by far the most foul smelling soap I have ever personally encountered, has anyone else had this experience?

I've never tried the soap but have the green cream. I just get a pleasant eucalyptus scent from it, nothing reminiscent of mold, thankfully

Have you ever put the lid back on while the soap was still wet?

Everyone complains about the scent of ARKO, but I opened up my container of Porrasso (green) and it smells straight up like mold. from several feet away. It shaves ok and acts like soap, but it is by far the most foul smelling soap I have ever personally encountered, has anyone else had this experience?
I just got a green tub from Amazon. Mine smells pleasant like menthol.

I have Prorasso Red (Sandalwood) and found, while the scent out of the tub is a bit sharp, that it provides a pleasant milder scent in the lather.

Do you smell the moldy scent just in the tub or also in the lather?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
They both stink. But that only proves that there are different noses in the world. Proraso green is a staple, but I don't like the smell of eucalyptus or menthol - so there's that.

Eucris is a popular cologne. I purchased a sample, and on me it smelled like someone rolled a dead body in rotten fruit and then left it for three days.

Noses are noses. That's why there are so many choices. Find some you like. I frequently choose unscented to avoid the whole mess.

ARKO performs really well (I even enjoy the scent) but the post-shave leaves my face drier than rhino skin...

Proraso Green on the other hand is pure shaving perfection!

If it smells like mold then I wonder if you got a bad batch... I was never impressed with Proraso's performance or scents. In any case, it certainly didn't smell foul.

Arko performs pretty well if you can tolerate the terrible post shave. The smell isn't bad so much as quite robust and really synthetic.

I’ve never tried arko but used proraso blue today. I guess I can relate to people describing proraso scents as “clinical” or “chemical” but not moldy.

I would choose Proraso, but I have and use both.

I prefer Proraso red to the green… but, the green would probably be better for a super hot day.

I wonder if the Citronella in Arko would keep mosquitoes away.

I would choose Proraso, but I have and use both.
I wonder if the Citronella in Arko would keep mosquitoes away.

Yes it will

I went camping a few years ago and brought along an Arko stick to shave with. The mosquitoes were pestering me the first night I was there. That morning I shaved with Arko stick. That night the mosquitoes left me alone for some reason? Then I recalled a post about the scent of Arko even repels mosquitoes. At the time, I thought they were kidding. But, it really does.

From then on. When I go out camping. I make sure to bring along a stick of Arko.😊

Top Bottom