What's new

Aotearoa (NZ) Pass-around

Had a ball with the box. I did try the straight razor, was pretty scary to get to grips with. I think a lot of practise and a steady hand was required to not loose a nostril or top lip!! I failed to get a decent shave with it but that would be down to lack of technique and nerves. Great addition.

I put in a couple of packs of Polsilver Super Iridium og blades.

I had a go with the Yaqi adjustable on a medium setting yesterday and got a surprisingly efficient, comfortable and close shave out of one pass on my necks fairly long growth.

I say surprising because I've tried a version of that head (I know its a knock off of a European company but i forget which) in aluminium previously and didn't get on with it at all.

Maybe the weight of the stainless made the difference. Either way it was good.

Also tried the Stirling sandalwood balm and suddenly became burning face man. Won't be doing that again.

Well the box is currently on it's way to Vivasanti. Had a go with the straight just so i can say i've done it. Certainly a bit of a learning curve to come to grips with but it wasn't quite as terrifying as I'd envisioned...not quite. I was fairly cautious and finished up with DE... Thanks everyone.

Hi team I have been thinking about what I enjoy about the box. The main things for me are getting to try some different razors and blades. I suggest we start a collection of razors to stay with the box for people to try out. I have put a fat boy in the box to start. Maybe Brian can put a small 'box within the box' or plastic bag to hold the shared razors, and another for razors to give away?

Putting some razors in to pass on to others is also a great part of the box experience. I give away Gillette Tech's to friends and family who want to give it a go and could do with some if there are some extras next time round.

I have noticed the sample de razors are getting a bit thin. Maybe next round we could all put in a 5 pack of our favourite DE blades?

The BOX has arrived safely at my place and my first reaction was .... why are you so small? have to fix that!
Lots of stuff in there to try and a few old favorites, like ARKO but not sure if I should risk it.
I will make a small box with "try but don't keep DE razors" and add some of my DE blades. If anyone has anything they want to add to the box before the next round you can post it to me anytime, PM for my address.

Happy New Year

Now taking names for the 2024 round, Please add your name to the list below. I will leave this here until the end of January if there is any interest.

1. Uncle Brian - Tauranga
  2. silverlifter - Upper Hutt
  3. Odax Pullus - Wellington
  4. NzLocal - Gisborne

Quote R

Happy New Year

Now taking names for the 2024 round, Please add your name to the list below. I will leave this here until the end of January if there is any interest.

4. NzLocal - Gisborne
  5. Vivasanti - South Canterbury

Happy New Year

4. NzLocal - Gisborne
  5. Vivasanti - South Canterbury
  6. strangehat - Rotorua

Box is safely with me.

I'll clean up and hone the Bengall, it is duller than a tax nerd! Also, for future reference, a tiny dab of light oil (sewing machine or olive) smeared on the blade is sufficient to protect it. Smearing grease all over it is really not necessary... :p

It wasn't me with the grease gun ... I'm too much of a wuss to risk using a straight razor. Of course if it ever arrived at my place in shave ready state I might risk my life and give it a try, having a face is overrated anyway :straight:

Top Bottom