What's new

MOP Collar Stays

Yes but ...

... compared to $5 for a dozen plastic ones from Ally Exprezz, they are an affordable luxury splurge.
Gosh I am staring to geez, and my proofreading has always be lazy. The Amazon price, as far as I can figure out, was just over $30 for three pairs, not one pair. I agree with your point, though, Ian.

Okay, I have a potential breakthrough of sorts. The seller MakaMaga on esty is having a 50% off sale on mother of pearl collar stays. Sale is said to end tomorrow and they seem to be short of stock on some "styles." Shipping is free from Italy, apparently. Sale prices seem to a bit north of $9.50 a pair to around $14.50 a pair, depending on how fancy/colorful the MOP looks. They seem to be 60 mm long, which may be a bit long.

I really must be starting to geez! The MOP collar stays I used to get from Amazon were a little over $22 for three pairs. I looked it up this time.

well, two pairs of MOP collar stays I ordered from Italy on March 20, 2024 arrived today. Looks like total cost was just over $30 for the two pairs. they are exceptionally pretty. And apparently the limited time sale price was accurate. As of today they seem to be listed at $28 a pair on Esty. Now if I can only figure out a way that I am more careful not to lose them, I will be okay.

Legion

Staff member
well, two pairs of MOP collar stays I ordered from Italy on March 20, 2024 arrived today. Looks like total cost was just over $30 for the two pairs. they are exceptionally pretty. And apparently the limited time sale price was accurate. As of today they seem to be listed at $28 a pair on Esty. Now if I can only figure out a way that I am more careful not to lose them, I will be okay.
Just don't put them through the wash.

Just don't put them through the wash.
I think they would go through my wash at home okay. It is sending them to the laundry for a good scorching and button busting that probably does them in. I probably said earlier that I have lost probably a dozen pair of MOP stays of the kind I used to get for cheaper off Amazon. And I send my shirts to an expensive place that seems all around excellent quality and honest, etc. I asked them if they had come across any MOP collar stays and they gave me a half full shoe box of stays to look through. Lots of metal and plastic ones, but no MOP ones. I assume that is where they get lost, but I do not know why they would not be found, too!

Top Bottom