What's new

Anyone use an “aggressive” razor daily?

I shave daily with any razor in my collection. Most of the time this is with straight razors or my Blackbird if i use a de.

I shave everyday. I use a carbon cx with their most aggressive plate and Kai blades . No issues but I do use quality products and prep well.

I use an Edwin Jagger 3one6 daily and love it, super comfortable yet quite efficient but I don't think it really ranks as an aggressive razor more like middle of the pack.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don't think I own any aggressive razors. The only one that might qualify would be the RazoRock SuperSlant L2++ but several people here found it too mild and needed the L3++OC. I only know, when I last used it, the shave lasted for 15 hours. By my own rating system, that's 3 hours too long and I felt it when I used the Lea Alum stick.

I just got the L1++OC base plate.... well, two of them since UPS declared the first one lost. One came Tuesday evening (the "lost" one) and the replacement came earlier this afternoon. I'm waiting for a response from Italian Barber to know how to get the extra one back to them.

Stirling HA
Le Coc caged comb
Asylum RX (V1)
Funken
Wunderbar

The Funken and Wunderbar I can use any day, every day.

The Le Coc and Stirling, I have to be mindful of the angle, or they can be exfoliating enough to be irritating on consecutive days.

The Asylum, I have to get about 3 shaves in on a Feather before I can do consecutive days.

I cannot do daily shaves with ANY razor without eventually getting a build up of irritation. This past year I managed some good runs with shavettes of up to a week of daily shaves, but eventually that skin needs a break.

Define 'Aggressive', are we talking nicely efficient or cheese grater?

I'll use my R41 daily over the course of a week quite often, but don't find it overly aggressive. (Actually an easier or more comfortable shave for me than the Rex Ambassador that has more blade feel, and less prone to a nick than my Timeless 95 OC). Only need 2-Passes most mornings with those more efficient razors, starting with an ATG pass....yeah, I'm one of those nuts that starts off ATG, adds some pressure, and then a WTG/XTG hybrid clean-up pass. - But it does yield a fantastic BBS result repeatedly.

Now a Timeless Bronze OC (0.78), that's too harsh and aggressive and I had to ultimately return it. So it depends what you call aggressive.

I think people are confusing the word ''aggressive'' with the word efficient. An aggressive razor is a razor which gives you discomfort in some way like razor burn, nicks, cuts, weepers, skin irritation etc. An efficient razor is a razor that shaves you very close with minimum effort. I don't think anyone would enjoy using a razor that gives him discomfort in any way imaginable, especially every day. The other thing is that we all have different preferences when it comes to razors, so what I considered a very efficient autopilot razor, someone else might find it very mild and inefficient or very aggressive and uncomfortable.

My favorite autopilot razor for every day shaving is my Ti Blackbird SB. If I want a tiny bit more drama, I use my Ti Yates 921-EH scalloped.

I think people are confusing the word ''aggressive'' with the word efficient. An aggressive razor is a razor which gives you discomfort in some way like razor burn, nicks, cuts, weepers, skin irritation etc. An efficient razor is a razor that shaves you very close with minimum effort. I don't think anyone would enjoy using a razor that gives him discomfort in any way imaginable, especially every day. The other thing is that we all have different preferences when it comes to razors, so what I considered a very efficient autopilot razor, someone else might find it very mild and inefficient or very aggressive and uncomfortable.

My favorite autopilot razor for every day shaving is my Ti Blackbird SB. If I want a tiny bit more drama, I use my Ti Yates 921-EH scalloped.
I disagree, an aggressive razor is one with a lot of blade-feel. That's it. I agree that efficiency is different, but "aggressive" doesn't necessarily imply that it's going to hurt or damage your skin in any way. That's up to you and your technique.

Top Bottom