What's new

Any WHEEL GUN lovers out there...?

Here's a new Ruger I traded some work for. It's a lipseys special flat top Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 special. I love it! This is the first rig I've made like this as well.

proxy.php

proxy.php

That's a handsome ensemble you have right there! Any .44 Special revolver is "special." The hue of the leather is appealing too.

That's a handsome ensemble you have right there! Any .44 Special revolver is "special." The hue of the leather is appealing too.

I think we've had this discussion by the 44 special is my pet caliber. The color of the leather was an accident, err... I meant to do that all along :)

My 1966 S&W Chiefs Special. Down to bare metal in a couple spots, typical of being carried close to the body over the long term. Still locks up tight, though. Sanded down some old Jay Scott zebra wood stocks that fit it pretty well now.

Attachments

• $Chiefs3.jpg
    $Chiefs3.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 186
  • $Chiefs2.jpg
    $Chiefs2.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 187
$Woverine1.jpg$Wolverine2.jpg$Wolverinemoons.jpg
Had my Super Redhawk converted for greater versatility. Barrel was chopped to 6" ported and slabbed, Fiber optic front site, trigger job and cut for moons so I can utilize 45 acp if I choose. Also had the dark gray factory finish blasted to satin

H&R 922 (circa 1927 I think) 22lr with 6 inch barrel

Smith and Wesson Model 54 38 special with 2 inch barrel

View attachment 308982
Could you give us a paragraph on this Model 54. Smith & Wesson never issued it, it was an experimental version, although there are a few out there. Since it seems to be a spitting image of a Model 36, and it is also a .38, I'm curious what S&W was trying to do with the Model 54. Any info you have would be interesting (at least to me).

Could you give us a paragraph on this Model 54. Smith & Wesson never issued it, it was an experimental version, although there are a few out there. Since it seems to be a spitting image of a Model 36, and it is also a .38, I'm curious what S&W was trying to do with the Model 54. Any info you have would be interesting (at least to me).

It's a typo and should have been Model 64, the stainless steel version of the K-Frame Model 10. It's a larger 6-shot revolver. The the most obvious difference, other than overall dimensional differences in the Model 36 and the Model 64 as seen in the photo, is that the Model 36's locking bolt notches will be located at the rear of the cylinder flutes while the larger 6-shot Smith & Wesson snub models will feature locking bolt notches in between the flutes.

Here is a Smith & Wesson Model 10 2-inch revolver with round butt of which the Model 64 is the stainless steel variant.
proxy.php

Here is the original and first configuration of the 5-shot Chief's Special built on Smith & Wesson's J-Frame and manufactured prior to the adoption of the Model 36 designation.
proxy.php

The locking bolt notches will be seen to be differently located.

Yes, the stainless 2 inch barrel 38 special pictured below is a model 64, not a 54. Sorry about that. This particular one was issued to the Capitol Police in D.C. and then sold to the public when the went to semi-autos. Thanks to noelekal for spotting that.

$DSC_0008.jpg

Last edited:
I'd "like" your post, dreadpirate, if the Forum offered the option to do so. I love those K-Frame Smith & Wesson snubs.

Top Bottom