What's new

Another "are they kidding about that price?" thread.

There is a link below to a BIN sale on eBay, which is permitted. It's just the auctions we can't link to.

After some experience on this site, I know that occasionally someone will make fun of a "ridiculously" high price on eBay, only to find out that the item is really a rare collectible, and that's the actual going rate. So let me put it this way.

No razor is worth $600 to me, but is this Feather razor worth $600 to anyone? It's a nice enough looking razor, but what do people think it actually would be worth?

It's a good thing we're around to help.
I would hope that someone would do their research before buying.

No, it is not worth that much to anyone. Given that I can buy a Feather Stainless razor for $179.00, brand new; why would anyone buy a "vintage" Feather razor for nearly $600.00?

I suppose that Feather may still be using the design today that they used in the 60's (Japan was oblierated in the 40's in WWII, so it likely could not have come from then) but that looks a lot like a modern day Feather Stainless. I wonder if it is vintage at all.

FYI, Japanese products were considered low quality products by Western countries like Chinese ones in those days. In 70s they had changed their production methods and techniques which were named under Toyota way.

OUCH! I pity the fool who pays that :001_rolle

proxy.php

Maybe they price them like that so the more "reasonably" inflated prices seem like a good deal.

Or maybe they're hoping to snag an impulsive, uninformed, or quixotic buyer. You never know. I heard people were willing to pay big bucks for a giant Cheeto and Mary toast a while ago. Maybe someone can justify it. The human mind is unfathomable.

Top Bottom