What's new

An Introduction & RAD is Real

I originally dabbled with proper wet shaving back in 2016. I fell into it with a 'Standard' aluminum razor (not sure that brand still exists) and the other basic accessories thanks to a Bespoke Post box. I enjoyed it and bought one 60's super speed to have a comparison. However, moving, having kids, job, etc. derailed the hobby and I didn't use a safety razor from 2017 until a few months ago.

I picked up the Standard razor again on a whim while cleaning out a bathroom drawer. I still had several soaps (Tabac, DR Harris Arlington, Proraso) and the same cheap badger brush and it has been off to the races. I've picked up several new modern razors (RR Gamechanger .68, Aluminum Lupo, Merkur 34c, Parker Variant) but I've really fallen down the rabbit hole with vintage razors. Truly an embarrassing amount of old Gillettes have arrived in my mail box. It's just so damned fun though to compare and contrast them all. Now I'm eyeing more soaps and (God forbid!) brushes.

Anyway, I'm just having a blast with the whole process and reading the posts on this forum have really added to the whole experience. Thank you!
It's far more fun...and addictive...to hunt for vintage razors in the wild.

Top Bottom