What's new

Acquisitions 15th March - 21th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a score. Lol.

proxy.php

A nice little prop for when I manage to put some shelves up in my bathroom so I can display some of my razors.

swinchen and I had a little swap going on...yesterday I found a tub of SCS Very V SC and a sample of T&G Grafton SC in the post box. Had a lovely shave this morning with Very V.

Thanks for the trade, Sam.

I spotted this for auction on the bay and my spider senses started tingling. It was advertised as an Aristocrat but I'm pretty sure it's a Diplomat which is something that I don't have. If someone is able to conform that it is a Diplomat I'd be very grateful.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I spotted this for auction on the bay and my spider senses started tingling. It was advertised as an Aristocrat but I'm pretty sure it's a Diplomat which is something that I don't have. If someone is able to conform that it is a Diplomat I'd be very grateful.

John, that does appear to be a Diplomat although missing one end cap. However, it looks to be in overall nice condition! Well done.

Here's another interesting one. Who has heard of a Gillette Debutante? I certainly haven't. The razor looks like it is a 1920's Old Type but having a good look through the Mr Razor site, I couldn't find one. Well for US$15.45 plus postage I couldn't resist.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Perhaps Mr Razor would like to take some photos of it for his site.

Last edited:
Another expensive day. I just managed to pick this up on the bay in Australia.

proxy.php

The razor to the left is listed like this

2.GILLETTE RAZOR, GOLD COLOUR , MARKED MADE IN USA REG US PAT OFF, THE BOTTOM OF THE RAZOR MOVES TO OPEN THE TOP IN THE MIDDLE , ALSO HAS ANOTHER SECTION WITH THE NUMBERS 1.9.7.5.3. WHICH MOVE AROUND, NOT SURE IF IT IS MISSING A CAP AT THE END OR IF THE RAZOR IS COMPLETE AS IS

I think that the gold Slims were sold in the late 60's as an Aristocrat. The razor cost me AU$26 and I got a nice boxed GEM with it as well.

proxy.php

I picked up an almost full tube of Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cream. My collection is filled with lots of upscale products, but after 2 years of SCAD, I'm finally stepping up into "The Big Leagues."

I just can't get over how good this stuff smells ... as I was lathering, I even put it into my goatee and moustache so the smell would linger after the shave. I've never done that with any other product.

And the shave itself? Heavenly. I had a 2-day stubble, and used a fresh Derby blade in a 34G. I must have done about 5 passes because it just felt so good.

Gentlemen,
the wife and I took ourselves a couple of days off from the world and went to a cabin in the mountains for the weekend. On our return trip she was kind enough to oblige me with stopping at a couple of antique malls. I'm so glad she did!
proxy.php

Yes, that's right, a NOS Shulton OLD Spice gift set, with Grand Turk mug, soap, and glass bottle of talcum powder!!

Also picked up the Gillette Tech box set (no date), Slim (K2), Super Speed (X4), and two Gem Micromatics, gold, and nickel "clog pruf".

A great time with the wife, and a great score too!

Cheers,
Aaron

Last edited:
So if you guys have noticed... I've been selling some goodies.

I bought a Duke 1
Sample of some Creed
Thinking about Pens Opus 1870 EDT to go with my cream/asb

I was out running errands today and I decided to make a stop at Sally Beauty where I got a Fromm hair shaper a2nd some of that Clubman ingrown hair stuff because it was on clearance for $3.49. There was also some HeadBlade "HeadShed" pre-shave scrub on clearance for $2.99 that I might have to go back for (for my face; I don't shave my head).

I shaved about half of my face with the hair shaper and things seemed to go pretty well. Might start transitioning to straights sooner than I expected. :thumbup1:

Sorry I don't have pictures. :blush:

Picked up a bottle of Old Spice Leather on eBay. It's outstanding. I'm so glad they discontinued it in favor of ranges like Swagger, Afterhours and Showtime. Go P&G!

Picked up some new stuff I wanted to try:

Speick AS lotion
Musgo Real cream
Dr Harris Marlborough shave stick
TOBS Mr. Taylor cream

Still can't decide what to use tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom