What's new

A little help = a lot of gratitude!!

OK, so I have been shaving every other day with my Gem push-button for a couple months now, and i'm hooked. As far as I am concerned, my SE has got it going on. However, I'm curious. I want to step into the pool of straight razors. My only problem is finding one. I have looked through all of my local antique stores, barber & beauty shops, even my local thrift stores and have come up empty handed. The only thing i can find is a 'barber razor', which looks like a straight razor but has replaceable blades...not what i want. I want the real deal, a solid-built piece of manliness that i can hold up to the sky, shout "I have the power!" and become He-Man. OK, maybe a little overboard, but you guys know what i mean, right? Does anybody have any suggestions on places I can find a nice straight razor without a)breaking the bank or b)ending up with a low-quality piece of junk?

Whipped Dog is a great way to go. You know the edge will be shave-ready, and that's the most important aspect of buying your first straight. The strop kit has everything you need in order to maintain that first edge.

+1 on Whipped Dog. The razor may not be a Beauty Queen, but like I told someone else recently.........It will be sharp enough to shave the hair off a fly's nether regions.

Jon

Top Bottom