What's new

A flavour for every month!! ... join the B&B theme-of-the-month club!

THIS looks like fun! An excuse to ADD to the 18 soaps & creams I've accumulated in the past WEEK due to newbie curiosity and experimentation. Due to the fact that I've gotten a wide array of brands and scents, I HAVE found something that would be PERFECT for December. Lightfoot's Pine Scented SHave soap. SMells JUST LIKE A DANG CHRISTMAS TREE! SMells AWESOME!!! Good Lather! Just throwing that out there! ALso, don't forget the mamabear's carribean scent, or any brand bay rum scent. Good for the summer time! SPeaking of Mama Bear's March, I think I'll have that be my next! Guess I'm hopping in head first! (I'm never going to use up the stuff I've already gotten!!!!!) Good thing we aren't doing the days of the week...someone would toss out a Williams Wednesday! *gag*!!!

Last edited:
you know what's sad? I just noticed this was posted originally in 2007...I wonder if this is the established flavor of the month thing, and it's common knowledge, or if this thread is just here for decoration...lol Any administrators care to take a stab? Are there any NEW flavor of the month threads, or is this the B&B accepted flavor of the month roster for part of the year, LOL Juuuuust askin' :biggrin1:

Valobra april?

I believe last year it was "April Flowers" which ended up being mostly Rose.

How about "Iberian April" featuring the bounties of Portugal and Spain: La Toya, Floid, Musgo, 444, brushes from Semogue and Vie-Long, and of course Filarmonicas for the straight users.

I believe last year it was "April Flowers" which ended up being mostly Rose.

How about "Iberian April" featuring the bounties of Portugal and Spain: La Toya, Floid, Musgo, 444, brushes from Semogue and Vie-Long, and of course Filarmonicas for the straight users.

If you find a vendor who sells la toya tallow sticks im down, unless italian barber has vitos by then

If you find a vendor who sells la toya tallow sticks im down, unless italian barber has vitos by then

I'm not sure the tallow sticks are still made, but the non-tallow La Toya sticks are actually very good. I'm a tallow guy and, frankly, I didn't even know they weren't tallow until someone pointed it out here.

I'm not sure the tallow sticks are still made, but the non-tallow La Toya sticks are actually very good. I'm a tallow guy and, frankly, I didn't even know they weren't tallow until someone pointed it out here.
Darn that stinks... Do you know where to get La Toya non tallow sticks? If they are not real expensive im in.

What about erasmic stick. Or under the circumstances how about we extend mama bear march to include mama bear april. I know we usually do a different soap every month but I really think Sue deserves two months because of her tragedy. If we keep her busy time will go by faster for her. So what do you say to Mama Bear March and Mama Bear April?

Last edited:
...Or under the circumstances how about we extend mama bear march to include mama bear april. I know we usually do a different soap every month but I really think Sue deserves two months because of her tragedy. If we keep her busy time will go by faster for her. So what do you say to Mama Bear March and Mama Bear April?
I'm not sure many will jump on board just cause they are ADD (like me) and may want to switch things up before another 55 days. That being said I am down with joining in, but we might move things over to a new thread should we choose to do this. This would allow those who wish to go with another scent/brand in April to do so without feeling guilty.

I'm not sure many will jump on board just cause they are ADD (like me) and may want to switch things up before another 55 days. That being said I am down with joining in, but we might move things over to a new thread should we choose to do this. This would allow those who wish to go with another scent/brand in April to do so without feeling guilty.

Scratch what I stated we are doing La toja stick for april, I really dont want people to get wore out on Sue's products even though I dont think its possible to.

So it is la toja stick and floid aftershave april.... To get both items shipping included is 31.40

Last edited:
How about vitos may . Italianbarber will have it in 45-60 days..He will start carrying the soap, the cream, the aftershave, etc. There is no reason to repeat last years line up.... What about Collier Row for june. Its a new product bullgoose started carrying its made for him, it smells fabulous, its a hard cream or a soft soap. A very clean, crisp scent( I dont own it, I just own a sample.

How about vitos may . Italianbarber will have it in 45-60 days..He will start carrying the soap, the cream, the aftershave, etc. There is no reason to repeat last years line up.... What about Collier Row for june. Its a new product bullgoose started carrying its made for him, it smells fabulous, its a hard cream or a soft soap. A very clean, crisp scent( I dont own it, I just own a sample.

Collier Row is a QCS soap/cream. just a custom scent for BG.

I say Almond April (that way there are several options for almond).

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
you know what's sad? I just noticed this was posted originally in 2007...I wonder if this is the established flavor of the month thing, and it's common knowledge, or if this thread is just here for decoration...lol Any administrators care to take a stab? Are there any NEW flavor of the month threads, or is this the B&B accepted flavor of the month roster for part of the year, LOL Juuuuust askin' :biggrin1:

:001_rolle

I think you were looking at my "join date" ... the thread was started almost exactly a year ago ... 14th March, 2010.

But to answer your question, I guess some months are a bit more "established' than others. I think you are pretty safe with "Musgo May", "June-arlington", "Julime", "Speicktember", and "Tabactober".

August seems to be leaning toward "menthol" IIRC. And the bay rum theme for November went over well, too.

Beyond that it's maybe a bit of a toss-up, but that could change.

Top Bottom