What's new

7AM Platinum blades any good?

Are 7AM platinum any good? I've seen them advertised now and then and have heard they are sharp, last for a good few uses, and cheap. I have really been wanting to try them out for some time just to see what they're like. Anyone?

If you are truly talking about the "7 AM" blade and not the Gillette "7 O'Clock" blade then I have used these blades several times and found them to be adequate. I have only two complaints. For some reason the first shave is a little rough but it calms down after that. Also I do not get as many shaves out of a single blade as I do with more premium blades. I think there are many members on this forum that do not care for the "7 AM" but I would rate it as a decent blade but there are other better blades.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Have a look at the reviews section... some people like them, others like myself, think they're garbage. Razor blades can be very YMMV.

I loaded a 7 O'Clock blade in a Merkur Classic yesterday.

It was the only blade that has "skipped" for me while using that razor. Today was worse.

Poor me. I have 5 of them.

I started out with a pack of 7AMs and found them to be pretty decent at first, but eventually I found they scraped a bit too much and traded them off.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I am primarily a IP and Red IP user. Feathers and Swedes are too sharp for me. Derbys are ok but a step below either of the IPs imo. That being said, I did use the 7ams for awhile and found that after 1 maybe 2 shaves they were done so I stopped using them.

The IPs or Red IPs will always give me three very good shaves.

I have used them and don't dislike them. The first shave is harsh, so I cork them and the remaining shaves are smooth. I am inexperienced with most of the blades commonly discussed here, favoring Wilkinson Sword from my younger years when it was locally available.

Still in the process of moving so many things are currently "missing". I'll check around tonight and see if I can find any sealed 7AM's- will let you know tomorrow. If I can locate some I'll send you up a pack.

***EDIT***
Found them- New2DEShaving_Montreal, PM me your address and I'll drop some in the mail to you.

What exactly is corking? I am not familiar with all these things and such terms. I am using SuperMax stainless, and they are not as good as I thought they were. I have to go over the same area 3 times before they cut. My hair is thick and doesn't get soft after a shower but luckily I dont have a lot of them. :)

Sorry to come back to conjure up this very old discussion I can't find any other similar ones already open dealing with Sharp 7 am blades and I don't feel it's appropriate to open a new discussion.
What's more I haven't tried these blades yet but they will be coming to me, as soon as I saw the price on Amazon less than 5 € I decided to buy them.

Sharp 7 am.png

With the Shap Super Stainless I am definitely doing well the last few times I have tried them, let's see how these Sharp 7 am will perform.

Top Bottom