What's new

Been loving my Personna Platinum blades. Question on Nacet

I've tried many blades in the last two years and have come to the conclusion to stay with the Personna Platinums, I get more good comfortable days on one blade, just MHO. Its fun to try different blades in your quest to find the one you really like.

BIC CP YES!

But buy them from trusted sources. I purchased two boxes of fakes from SE Asia. There are counterfeits in the supply chain.

Different cardboard, slightly different (worse) printing, different paper, very very different shave-terrible!
I'm still going to a sample pack and thanks I didn't know that. lol who creates fake DE blades, I bet there is a higher profit margin counterfeiting those expensive Gillette Fusion blades.

You should try them. I think they are better. PP is a good blade for me but once I tried Nacet I was awestruck and immediately ordered a 100pk off Ebay. My new go to blade. And they last longer too although I wouldn't use them over 5/6x I found Personna blades done by the third for sure. Give them a shot you'll be surprised how sharp but smooth they are. Just pay more attention

I'm still going to a sample pack and thanks I didn't know that. lol who creates fake DE blades, I bet there is a higher profit margin counterfeiting those expensive Gillette Fusion blades.
Well Bics are premium priced in the markets they are sold. Also superior quality. If one can make double the money with a simple change of silk screen and paper printing, there are many unscrupulous people that would do that. I have bought $8 boxes of Bics where there were $4 boxes of other blades. The Bics were fake and terrible. I probably should have gone for the Dorcos, they might have been real.

If you're looking for a blade that is even sharper than these blades try out a Bic Chrome Platinum. IMHO the second sharpest blade available while the Feather is the nr1. They are sharp but not that sharp like the Feathers, I find them to be very forgiving and very smooth. I get a full BBS with 2 passes. They're also much cheaper than the Feathers. YMMV, what works for me might not work for you. I would say, get a sampler pack and see which blades work for you and which don't.

I get outstanding result from BiCs.

For years, I was weary of them because some people seemed to get excellent results and some people found them dreadful, which I thought was because of poor quality control.
Judging from more recent comments, it rather seems that BiC blades go well with some razors and not so well with others.

Be that as it may, all my safety razors worked just fine with any Bic blade I ever used.
I now think of them as a longer-lasting, cheaper (in my neck of the woods less than half the price) alternative to Feathers.

B,

Last edited:
Top Bottom