What's new

504 Errors

The story is that the was a power outage in the DC and the standby generator did not start correctly. Lots of stuff went offline hard and is slowly being brought online.
interesting...it really makes you think about how fragile internet infrastructure really is

Hopefully the server will hold out long enough for me to post this.

I am not sure if anyone else is affected, but for the past 8 hours or so (and possibly longer) the site has been mostly inaccessible for me due to 504 errors. Although it sometimes manages to load the main forum index, albeit very sluggishly, attempts to view an actual thread just time out.

I see one user just managed to post about 6 comments in the space of a few minutes, which suggests that perhaps not everyone is experiencing the same issues, although Cloudflare seems to think it is a hosting problem, based on the error message.
I was experiencing the same issue but the constipation seems to have eased and I was able to slip in through the back door.
Oh, wait. That didn't come out right. :oops:

Last edited:
A datacenter on the west coast had its power cut, and their backup generator failed to start. This is impacting a HUGE number of sites and services - It's not just B&B, and it's out of our control to fix.

We use Cloudflare - Cloudflare Status - https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/
We use Wasabi - Wasabi Technologies Status - https://status.wasabi.com/

Both are services used by millions of other sites. All we can do is try to find something else to occupy our time while they fix the issues.

Thank you. That certainly explains it all from my perspective - this is probably the only US hosted site I visit, everything else is hosted more locally.

And I see it is now all running perfectly. I figured it would once folks in the USA were up and about.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I was experiencing the same issue but the constipation seems to have eased and I was able to slip in through the back door.
Oh, wait. That didn't come out right. LOL
Yup, that sounded weird....
Reminds me of a joke I heard yesterday....
Man goes to doctor and says, "Doc my backside hurts", doc said "where exactly"
Man says "the entrance", doctor says "it will as long as you call it the entrance"
Sorry if this is in appropriate...

I was locked out for a couple of hours this morning. I played with the dogs and listened to some music.
I can quit any time.
Nah man, I need my “what are you unpacking today” fix in the morning… need my juice man, need my juice…

IMG_6209.gif

My late wife was always amused by how much time I spent on B&B. She would say how can you talk endlessly about shaving? I then showed her all of the different topics on B&B. When people we would meet would ask me what do I do since I am retired. She would talk about B&B: the shaving forum. She would tell me it's harmless and she would rather me spend time here than at strip clubs or a bar!

Top Bottom