What's new

504 Errors

Hopefully the server will hold out long enough for me to post this.

I am not sure if anyone else is affected, but for the past 8 hours or so (and possibly longer) the site has been mostly inaccessible for me due to 504 errors. Although it sometimes manages to load the main forum index, albeit very sluggishly, attempts to view an actual thread just time out.

I see one user just managed to post about 6 comments in the space of a few minutes, which suggests that perhaps not everyone is experiencing the same issues, although Cloudflare seems to think it is a hosting problem, based on the error message.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I agree, I am 100% going through the same exact thing. This site has not been accessible for many hours now. When I checked is this site down on Google, it confirmed it wasn't just me, that this site was down. When attempting to load the site, I get Bad Gateway 504 Nginx errors.

When I was finally able to access the site, the pages are loading unreasonably slow, like back in 14-4 dial up days, circa 1990's. I am not sure what is going on with the site, but I hope that the issues can be corrected soon, as I live for my B&B, and I discovered, I can't live without it lol!

Additionally, before I went to bed last night, when the site was still working, I noticed that the ad issues have become worse. Not only do we have an obtrusive ad at the top and bottom of the pages, but now we have a big obtrusive ad, now taking up thread page space, right smack dab in the middle of our posts, I am not pleased one bit.

Before you say, get an ad blocker, I have one, but for my PC only. I have no ad blocker that works on my phone, and its my phone, that is most susceptible to the obtrusive ads, when they take up the entire screen, I can't even use B&B effectively on it at all! I actually have plans to re-submit my contributorship payment, but I want to do that in December, as like a Christmas gift to B&B. And this way, each year, I can renew it again in December, and it will be like a continued year gift, which will make me happy.

And I'd be lying if I said that removing ads, would not be a benefit to my contribution lol. I got to get rid of these ads. Anyways, I really hope that the issues with B&B can be corrected soon, I am developing a complex. Can you tell, I am starting to look like the crypt keeper, and thats not a good look for me! I wish I knew what was going on with this site.

I'm getting it too👎
Hopefully the server will hold out long enough for me to post this.

I am not sure if anyone else is affected, but for the past 8 hours or so (and possibly longer) the site has been mostly inaccessible for me due to 504 errors. Although it sometimes manages to load the main forum index, albeit very sluggishly, attempts to view an actual thread just time out.

I see one user just managed to post about 6 comments in the space of a few minutes, which suggests that perhaps not everyone is experiencing the same issues, although Cloudflare seems to think it is a hosting problem, based on the error message.

Several of my own sites were down as well this morning, so maybe some hiccups in the matrix not just specific to this forum. B&B is critical infrastructure though so glad t see it emerge from the darkness once again.

A datacenter on the west coast had its power cut, and their backup generator failed to start. This is impacting a HUGE number of sites and services - It's not just B&B, and it's out of our control to fix.

We use Cloudflare - Cloudflare Status - https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/
We use Wasabi - Wasabi Technologies Status - https://status.wasabi.com/

Both are services used by millions of other sites. All we can do is try to find something else to occupy our time while they fix the issues.
any links to an article or anything for further reading? i cant find anything about this most recent one. just for my own interest

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
OK. I'm telling you what the issue is - You can believe it or not believe it, but what I'm saying is correct. I'm literally watching the servers as they try to connect to the remote systems that are impacted by this massive outage.
Weird. I wonder if being in Michigan makes a difference for me. No issues at all.

More likely it's because I'm too stupid to know what anyone is actually talking about....

any links to an article or anything for further reading? i cant find anything about this most recent one. just for my own interest

The story is that the was a power outage in the DC and the standby generator did not start correctly. Lots of stuff went offline hard and is slowly being brought online.

Top Bottom