Shave#361 of 365 (100% 4 left)

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette Sharpedge(13)
Brush: Yaqi Moka-Express 2 band
Soap: EJ Sandalwood
A/S: Proraso Green
Post Shave: Proraso Green Balm, Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Tonight another carbon copy of last nights shave and all with pretty much the same result. Little more than that to report other than as one year draws to a close I see next year being more of the same as I try to 3017 more soaps to get them down to a reasonable level. I am hoping to reach single digits some day although at the rate I buy and use soaps that may be another few years work. I still have 2 aftershaves I want to see the back of and a new balm, but as anyone who has ever frequented the after-shave 3017 thread knows that can take a really long time.

Shave #362 of 365. The end is in sight, but it isn't over yet.
Nice vetiver soap today. Stirling's vetiver put me off the scent for years, it was kind of medismal in scent, but this vetiver has a nice smokey charcoaly scent to it. View attachment 1771150 @awk_m4 You're going to love that unbleached Zenith when it gets soft. @Iridian if you keep the toilet clean you can probably get away with whatever you want around the sink. @Mr Konrad Dundee Beautiful new razor there. It's a real favorite of mine. @Roedeer You're going to join us next year right? It's a real nail biter year with 366 shaves. Not to be missed.
@Leverspro I’m already noticing a big difference! It felt noticeably softer and I’m planning on using it again on Friday!

@Mike M I hear ya on using the year to reduce soaps. I've been on a soap buying moratorium but didn't even realize it until this week. I received a nice gift certificate from my fav Canadian retailer where I buy all my soaps. I went to their site this week and logged in and discovered that I have not bought a single soap in 2023. I was kind of shocked, but it is nice to see the number of tubs in the drawer slowly dwindling. How do those once a week shavers get rid of soap?!

Thursday 28th December, shave #362

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (Tallow)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #6
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm

Used the same kit again, for a quick but effective DFS.

@Roedeer You're going to join us next year right? It's a real nail biter year with 366 shaves. Not to be missed.
Imagine failing on day 366, when you're 99.7% complete! :D:sob:

My skin gets on better with the 365er routine than it ever did with my randomly scheduled shaves, so I'll sign up for it.

Last edited:

Date29.12.2023
365 daily shaves
362/365
DecemBOAR26/31
DEcember29/31
Lasta’s Blade Stash11/32

RazorBladeBrush
Greencult 1.0RK Stainless (1)Zenith 502B
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Barrister + Mann Leviathan
Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10
(~20m)
8.5/10
(Minor weepers)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8/10
(DFS+)
9/10
(Butterysmooth)

Notes:

Summary. I could have been more effective, but all in all a great close shave.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

363 of 363
SOTD: 12/29/2023

Razor: Blackland Titanium Blackbird
Blade: Perma-Sharp , 2nd use
Brush: Rudy Vey/Shavemac 2018 B&B LE Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip Badger
Bowl: Mugseco Custom Lather Bowl Bowl
Soap: MdC Rose Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Aftershave
Additional Care: Dirty Bird Brush Scuttle
Additional Care: Dickenson’s WH
1703859062035.png

Shave #363 of 365. Nice day-off leisurely shave. This big gap Karve is very good. The way the cap and plate go together so precisely never gets old.
Imagepipe_0.jpg
@awk_m4 @Guido75 brush twins! The Zenith unbleached is special. I looked through the yourshaving site this week and see I missed picking up some very nice wood handled Zeniths unbleached for €6. All out of stock, unsurprisingly.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thursday 20231228
365 Shaves in 2023: 362 of 362 = 100%
Friday 20231229
365 Shaves in 2023: 363 of 363 = 100%
20231228_133445~2.jpg

Razor: Tatara Nodachi SB (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai (1 & 2)

20231224_103157~2.jpg

Brush: Omega Jade 011842 Premium Pure Bristle
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Shannon's Soap Botanica Rustbelt Reserve
Aftershave/Cologne: Stetson Original

Superb shave! :cool:

My Journal

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20231220_230830.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#362 of 365 (100% 3 left)

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette Sharpedge(14)
Brush: Muhle Rocca R94 STF
Soap: ZM Explorer
A/S: Proraso Green
Post Shave: Proraso Green Balm, Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Tonight I used an old favourite combination and had a great shave even on the 14th use of the Sharpedge blade ..
Dou you know what occurred to me tonight as I was in the shower looking at all my shaving gear?
I just have too much of it, I was looking forward to getting a new Muhle STF in XL in the new year and as I looked at all my other brushes just sitting there I thought "I just don't need it" the same with my soaps, I just have too many, It nearly gives me anxiety just thinking about how long it will take me to use up what I have. Even using up just the soaps I don't like will probably still take to the end of next year, or even longer.
I hear ya on using the year to reduce soaps.
I only bought 2 this year and was gifted a Proraso Green cream, now I have 17 soaps but would really like to get below 10. I don't know if it is appropriate to discuss this on B&B but suddenly I feel I have way too much stuff and not enough time to use it all.
Either I am having an epiphany or a breakdown, not sure which.

I was looking forward to getting a new Muhle STF in XL in the new year and as I looked at all my other brushes just sitting there I thought "I just don't need it" the same with my soaps, I just have too many, It nearly gives me anxiety just thinking about how long it will take me to use up what I have. Even using up just the soaps I don't like will probably still take to the end of next year, or even longer.

I only bought 2 this year and was gifted a Proraso Green cream, now I have 17 soaps but would really like to get below 10. I don't know if it is appropriate to discuss this on B&B but suddenly I feel I have way too much stuff and not enough time to use it all.
Either I am having an epiphany or a breakdown, not sure which.
Talk to your fellow 365er @Guido75 He's hosting the restraint year starting next week.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Talk to your fellow 365er @Guido75 He's hosting the restraint year starting next week.
I have a terrible track record with restraints, I have entered 4 GRUMES and only completed 2. I have found it easier to control my purchases on my own terms, last year I bought 2 soaps, 1 of which I regret and 1 razor and extra handle, 1 brush and 100 blades. Wow that sounds like a lot now I've written it down. I was thinking of getting a Muhle STF brush in XL in the new year, but I don't need more brushes. I find it helps to think about my purchases and if I still feel like it in six months or so maybe I'll buy it. I don't need any more razors and in fact gave away quite a few this year. I had quite a blade collection (about 60) but I am working on reducing this now. Soaps are my real weakness and I have been a 3017er for the last couple of years which has helped to reduce the stockpile though I still buy a couple a year I use more than I buy.

Top Bottom