What's new

2024 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of MacGyver

brucered

System Generated
Let me expound a bit on my previous post... I used to use cologne, EDP, or EDT after shaving in the morning just before I stepped out for the day to go to work or if I had a late afternoon / early evening shave to go out to dinner or a date I used it before stepping out which IMO, is part of the grooming routine. I've even seen some SOTD that had a cologne in the pic which is inline with what I've posted...
I think it's subject and different if someone uses it as part of their shave routine. I am more likely to use it 20 hrs after an actual shave, before a dinner, outing or for the most part on non shaving days.

As a night shaver before bed, I don't put cologne or EDT on as part of my shave routine.

I haven't shaved since Tuesday night. I'm off work today, so won't shave again until Sunday. I may use cologne before we head out to a supper or to visit someone.

I'm good with however people perceive it. But don't believe it is a blanketed "in" or "out". Like you said, if it's part of your shave ritual and you always use it after your shaves, then it's likely shave related to that person.

Still in!

linty1

My wallet cries.
Still in,

thumbnail_IMG_5670.jpg

And still loving this loadout. I had thought about getting a back up of this razor... but meh. I'm fine. Has anybody replated a Featherweight before? It's just so inexpensive that I don't know if it's worth the expense/trouble.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
is part of the grooming routine.
I look as this as a shaving sabbatical, not necessarily a Grooming sabbatical. If you include grooming I think you'd need to stock up on a years worth os shampoo, toothpaste, mouthwash, bathing soap, deodorant, etc. All of these can be considered grooming items. For my sabbatical it's just about shaving, not grooming. However, everyone is free to play the game how they want to.

Last edited:
Razor: Karve CB OC-C
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated (2)
Brush: Semogue SOC C5
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Bowl
Preshave: GLYCE
Soap: Tabac Original
Aftershave: Tabac Original

Another fine shave. Today is my last day of being gainfully employed, and tomorrow will be my first day of retirement. On Monday the XO and I will be traveling to Banff, Canada where we I will be checking off another box on my bucket list! I’m so excited!!!! Happy shaves everyone!

Make it a great day!

I think it's subject and different if someone uses it as part of their shave routine. I am more likely to use it 20 hrs after an actual shave, before a dinner, outing or for the most part on non shaving days.

As a night shaver before bed, I don't put cologne or EDT on as part of my shave routine.

I haven't shaved since Tuesday night. I'm off work today, so won't shave again until Sunday. I may use cologne before we head out to a supper or to visit someone.

I'm good with however people perceive it. But don't believe it is a blanketed "in" or "out". Like you said, if it's part of your shave ritual and you always use it after your shaves, then it's likely shave related to that person.

Still in!
Hi,

I use Lubriderm skin lotion as my aftershave. I do not use what is labelled as after shave. Because I use the Lubridern immediately after shaving, it is a shave related product for me and as such subject to the restraint. I restocked on it this year and a bottle lasts me three years.

Someone else may well use Lubriderm but not as part of their shave routine, so it would not be something covered by the restraint.

Stan - still in

Gentlemen, thanks for clearing up the conundrum about the Eau De Parfum I bought.
Happy to say I'm still in!
Today I'm gonna go through my vast amount of shaving gear to see what I will use for my shave and plan on making it something from the back of my closet!
Everybody have a great weekend!

Night shaver here so no etd edc or edp before bed.

I'm being super restrictive, but that's only of myself because I have too much. I have something that I want to buy which is a cologne. I'm waiting to get through all of this year before I buy it during the restock period as a gift to myself.

Razor: Karve CB OC-C
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated (2)
Brush: Semogue SOC C5
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Bowl
Preshave: GLYCE
Soap: Tabac Original
Aftershave: Tabac Original

Another fine shave. Today is my last day of being gainfully employed, and tomorrow will be my first day of retirement. On Monday the XO and I will be traveling to Banff, Canada where we I will be checking off another box on my bucket list! I’m so excited!!!! Happy shaves everyone!

Make it a great day!
Splendid country up that way, and really great area for the serious snowmobiler.
Takes a good sled to climb some of those higher areas.

Top Bottom