What's new

2024 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of MacGyver

For those that haven’t ordered yet, you’ve got 10 days left! Ordering closes on March 31st!

And for those that forgot to click the link here you go:

Semogue Premium Boar
Semogue Premium Boar.jpg

Synthetic, Muehle STF
Synthetic Muehle STF.jpg

Semogue Mistura
Semogue Mistura.jpg

Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip.jpg

Shavemac D01 Two-band silvertip
Shavemac D01 Two-band.jpg

Alright, I’ll leave y’all alone for a couple days! 😉 keep on keeping on! (But go buy an allowable brush in the meantime!!)😃🤙

For those that haven’t ordered yet, you’ve got 10 days left! Ordering closes on March 31st!

And for those that forgot to click the link here you go:

Semogue Premium Boar
Semogue Premium Boar.jpg

Synthetic, Muehle STF
Synthetic Muehle STF.jpg

Semogue Mistura
Semogue Mistura.jpg

Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip.jpg

Shavemac D01 Two-band silvertip
Shavemac D01 Two-band.jpg

Alright, I’ll leave y’all alone for a couple days! 😉 keep on keeping on! (But go buy an allowable brush in the meantime!!)😃🤙
No thanks.

Hi,

I like it. Both the brush and the posts encouraging buying one. Remember, from a B&B point of view, B&B items are not only allowed to purchase during the restraint, they are encouraged. ;)

A couple years ago, when I was running the year-long, I was actively encouraging the buying of a RV group buy brush for contributors. That meant, for those who were not already a contributor, spending money to become a contributor as well as then spending money on as brush.

And, yes, I did buy a brush and I am so glad I did. Of course, that means I am sitting out this one this year.

Stan - Still In

22 March 2024

Still in.

Jack Black Beard Lube
Gillette Super Speed G4
GSB (1)
Duke Cannon ASB

A guest appearance this week with the SS. A very comfortable, mild razor that gives drama-free CCS's. Not as close as my Twig or Game Changer but always nice to use. The "hollow sound" it makes while using is also interesting.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Laco Type A. 42mm Basic (Miyota), leather.

I own a Hamilton Ti Field and Hamilton Khaki Scuba, both with ETA movement and don't feel like spending $1500 on the higher end Laco movement for an everyday watch.

How are you enjoying yours the past little while?

View attachment 1816693

I also went with Hamilton Khaki when chose my aviator watch. Really love the Laco design, but couldn’t pass the better movement in the Hamilton, and it also has a very neat presentation

I also went with Hamilton Khaki when chose my aviator watch. Really love the Laco design, but couldn’t pass the better movement in the Hamilton, and it also has a very neat presentation
I thought about a Hamilton Murph or Pilot Pioneer.

No Date is must for me, which limits some of my choices.

42-43mm is my sweet spot and a Pilot can be even bigger as the real pilot watches were humongous.

No Date is must for me, which limits some of my choices.

Yeah, that’s gonna be a tough one. All my field/aviator watches have date. I’d go with the Laco if I were in your shoes, it’s a beautiful watch with a reliable movement. Only negative thing I’ve read is it could be kind of “loud” according to some, but as long as you don’t sleep with it, it shouldn’t be a problem

Hi,

I use a pocket watch. Always have. I do too many things where a wrist watch is simply unsafe to wear. I own one wristwatch and it is a racing trophy my dad won. It's a nice Longines from 1948. Used once in a while when I play dress up.

Stan
I have a Swiss Army pocket (quartz) watch that I wear on some days. It isn't handy for work days. When I retire, I plan to add a couple more.

It has a leather sheath as well.
IMG_20201014_150417_01.jpg

Last edited:
I love the laco. I use it everyday now. 8 enjoy the city vintage look. It's the perfect size for me. I can't go any bigger. Bought on sale for 225. I can't hear the movement, I don't sleep with the watch. I can't justify spending money on watches, that's just me. The 350 list price was at my extent. I don't know much about watches so the different types of movements are lost on me. I bought a marina military knockoff by parnis. The face is too big and too thick for me. I smash it on everything. So those are my only two nice watches. Otherwise I buy two or $3 watches that I absolutely destroy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom