What's new

2024 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of MacGyver

Dear MacGyvers,

As we embark on the final week of March into April I wanted to mention that April will be all about vintage razors. Might be a nice event to contrast yet again on stuff we already have. Enjoy!

Guido

Still in

Leaf Thorn
BIC halfblade (6)
Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Proraso Green
RR American Barber

IMG-DSC_6036 (2).JPG

Cheers :)

Still in.
Just returned home early this morning from a week on the gulf side of sunny FL near John's Pass, where we've tended to frequent over the years. Travel kit was minimal, making it easier for me to enjoy a few skipped days last week.
3 of our 4 full days there were perfect; mid to upper 70's and sunshine, gulf water temps warm enough to frolic in and nice pools when we didn't feel like it... and as usual plenty to do in that locale when we were feeling restless.
After multiple ATC delays yesterday departing TPA, and second leg thru DFW, finally touched down in FSD 3 hours behind schedule, where reality slapped us in the face stepping onto the jet bridge with cold and freezing drizzle.
Welcome home!:lemo:
All that said, I did enjoy a splendid shave this morning with something other than what I was stuck with all week.

Dear MacGyvers,

As we embark on the final week of March into April I wanted to mention that April will be all about vintage razors. Might be a nice event to contrast yet again on stuff we already have. Enjoy!

Guido

Still in

I love this idea Guido! I haven't shaved much with my FFFMM this month and I'd like to get more time in with this tech!

IMG_1119.jpeg

#14 in 2024 GRUYERE shave sebaticle

#22 GRUME March 2024

FFFMM

Date: 03.24.24

Days growth: 6

Head and face shave

Razor: Gillette Slim

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

Brush: Simpson 57 best badger

Pre-shave: Hot shower using Johnson and Johnson on face and head with facial scrubber

Lather: Proraso Red soap

Passes: 3 all on setting 5 plus cleanups. WTG XTG ATG

Post Shave Routine and products:

1 - Hot rinse with microfiber towel X2

2 - Cold rinse

3 - Alum block

4 - Cold rinse with microfiber towel X1

5 - Aftershave: Clubman Whiskey Woods

6 - Balm: LEA 3 in 1

Notes: This was a stellar shave! All players worked great and my technique was on point.

Quality: 10

Comfort: 10

Enjoyment: 10

Overall: 10

Dear MacGyvers,

Guido

Well that would be easy! I only have two none vintage, and I don’t use them very often!

Had a DFS+ with my Tech and Feather, shave #500! Not sure how many more I’ll do, but 500 seems like too neat of a number to end with.

I have found that if I apply enough incremental "must have" upgrades I end up saving a ton of money. It really doesn't matter what the subject is.. I can start with the cheapest watch around and tell myself well I need this feature and the price goes from $0.99 to $9.99. I keep adding stuff and pretty soon I am a $99,999.99 and at some point I generally say nah I don't need it that bad. This works for cars, boats, planes, houses, fountain pens, razors, cameras, tools, pretty much everything.

Still not in but too frugal cheap to buy more shaving gear this decade. :thumbup1:

Ruckin

Top Bottom