What's new

2012-- Shave Purchase Sabbatical--Gentlemanly Restraint

My order arrived. My first order from WCS since April of 2011. I was only going to get one... really... I was. These little gems will see me through the 2013 sabbatical. So that's it for me (the B&B brush doesn't count) a few bottles of aftershave and some shave sticks.

View attachment 297637

I'm very impressed that you don't have the Turkish Stink Bomb in that photo :thumbup1:

You are a man of taste as well as discipline and restraint.

PS - that 2013 group is a chatty bunch! 70 pages and the first week isn't even over yet :blink:

No doubt in the not-too-distant future I'll be ordering some Mystic Waters & Mike's Natural, as well as a good-sized QCS order for some shampoo bars and assorted shave goodies ($60 free shipping is a foregone conclusion).

But... I promised myself a reward - something extra special I wouldn't normally think of ordering - if I made it through the entire year. Aside from the B&B brush, I did just that. 2012 is in the books. All hail the conquering hero. And in the immortal words of Cliff Clavin...God bless the U.S. Postal Service!

$DSCF1454.jpg

Oh yeah! I had C&S 88 and Oxford and Cambridge in my cart but put them back. Let us know how you like them.

I'm guessing AOS performance with better scent?

Nicely done!

Oh yeah! I had C&S 88 and Oxford and Cambridge in my cart but put them back. Let us know how you like them.

I'm guessing AOS performance with better scent?

Nicely done!

I got travel pucks of each from Garry a while ago. Both are top-notch performers, but the O&C may just be my favorite scented shave soap ever. My little puck is down to a shallow ring in the bowl, so I was definitely going to pick up a full-sized puck. The bowl was my over-the-top reward.

It's been four days, man. Use your head!

Good news is that I'll be culling the herd of soft goods during the course of this Sabbatical via the 3017 thread policy of using something til you use it up. If I don't WANT to use it up, it's getting PIF'd (probably here where it may go to someone desperate for it) to clear out the den.

It's been four days, man. Use your head!.

not sure if this was directed at me, but am I not allowed to have a Wish List? could be used next week, next month or next year.

i see nothing wrong with noting products that may be of interest in the future :blush:

Last edited:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I'm very impressed that you don't have the Turkish Wonder Bomb in that photo :thumbup1:

You are a man of taste as well as discipline and restraint.

PS - that 2013 group is a chatty bunch! 70 pages and the first week isn't even over yet :blink:

Actually it's one of the three that I already have, Valobra, Irisch Moos and Arko. There's also a Tabac stick up by my parents, but that is two hours away.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
No doubt in the not-too-distant future I'll be ordering some Mystic Waters & Mike's Natural, as well as a good-sized QCS order for some shampoo bars and assorted shave goodies ($60 free shipping is a foregone conclusion).

But... I promised myself a reward - something extra special I wouldn't normally think of ordering - if I made it through the entire year. Aside from the B&B brush, I did just that. 2012 is in the books. All hail the conquering hero. And in the immortal words of Cliff Clavin...God bless the U.S. Postal Service!

View attachment 297646

You really know how to celebrate. :thumbsup:

Ah, the perils of the written word...

I meant, "Use your head! You've got to start thinking about what you're going to try come 2014."

Never too soon to do that.

got it...sorry Jay. My list is always on the go, sabbatical or not. when i see an interesting product, shaving or otherwise, i note it so i won't forget.

2y on here, and i have never seen the C&S that Price purchased and it's one i do not want to forget :drool:

got it...sorry Jay. My list is always on the go, sabbatical or not. when i see an interesting product, shaving or otherwise, i note it so i won't forget.

2y on here, and i have never seen the C&S that Price purchased and it's one i do not want to forget :drool:

Yessir. I use Evernote, and had already clipped the image into my "To Try" folder before the pixels were dry on Price's post.

Yessir. I use Evernote, and had already clipped the image into my "To Try" folder before the pixels were dry on Price's post.

darnit....i always forget about evernote, my wife uses it all the time. much better then my text list on my phone. :blush:

i just checked and i had used it a few times for other B&B stuff (bob farvour & RV handles etc). time to start a new section "Wanted" or "To try" as well.

OldSaw

The wife's investment

darnit....i always forget about evernote, my wife uses it all the time. much better then my text list on my phone. :blush:

i just checked and i had used it a few times for other B&B stuff (bob farvour & RV handles etc). time to start a new section "Wanted" or "To try" as well.

Just started using Evernote myself a few months ago. So far I like it and recently started using it to transfer pics from my phone to my computer wirelessly.

Off topic, but best use of Evernote:

Whenever you see something SWMBO might like, clip it if you're online, take a snapshot and clip it if you're in the real world. My default folder is "Gift Ideas for SWMBO". You'l thank me when anniversaries, St. Valentine's Day, birthdays, Christmas, etc., roll around.

I stick a "Bought" tag on them when I buy them so I don't get the same great idea twice.

Top Bottom