What's new

2011 Shave Purchase Sabbatical--Gentlemanly Restraint

Ok, It's the 2nd Jan here in Aus and I still haven't ordered anything.

I'm waiting on a wilkinson sword shave stick, some a/s decants and a shaving stand but that is it for my year.

It's hurting a bit at the moment, but I'm hoping to get over the hump this week/month.

Man, I never I'd have cravings to buy soap. At the moment I want tabac in a bowl. Of all the things to be addicted to, this is pathetic! :lol:

I am in.

Only started DE shaving a few months ago and already have 5 razors, 2 brushes, a lather bowl from Sara and enough soap and cream for at least 3 years!
The only exception to this is that I will need to buy blades at some point. I have been working through a couple sampler packs, and will run out in 2 or 3 months.

I started cutting back on spending in the Fall of 2010.

This is what I currently have.

Razors: Edwin Jagger DE86 and DE89L
Brushes: 3 Shavemacs Silvertip/Finest/Pure
Soaps: Trumpers, Pre de Provence, Proraso
Aftershave: Nivea, C&E
Blades: Approx 75
Misc: 2 Bottles of Witch Hazel, Proraso Pre Shave

I bought some Proraso Pre Shave on New Years Eve. The only items I will need to buy in 2011 is more Pre Shave but that won't be until the end of the summer, and WH. The WH I don't even consider to be shave related so looks like I'll be spending $10 this year on shaving items not bad at all.

Still in, but I'm going to need more blades soon. I don't really consider this superfluous since I do need them to shave!

Also, getting more AS/ASB since I'm almost out.

Well it is day 2 and yesterday I nearly broke down and bought a brush. It was the B&B essential brush that was in the BST for $50. Thank god I got hungry and left the computer. When I returned a few hours latter it was sold. If the brush was still there it would be on its way to me! :blink:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Just curious, how do you plan on breaking your fast? Are you going to place your order in advance of the end of the year so it arrives on 01/02/12?

I placed a "WTB: G3 Eagle" ad yesterday and someone graciously sold me one. I actually was the one who was selling my B&B Essential to help cover the cost of the Eagle.

I think it's a worthwhile purchase, but I'm throwing in with you gentlemen from this point on.

With the exception of blades (I am running low) I won't make any shave-related purchases in 2011!

...Let's see how long this can last...

Got tonnes of creams (15-20) and a few soaps (7), colognes (10-15), shaving gel/oils (5) kicking around. Basically more than enough that for the next year I dont need to buy any more.

I often only shave once a week but have made a pledge in 2011 to shave closer to 5 times a week. Am hoping that having a wet shave much more often will improve the condition of my skin also.

Exceptions for me

1) Promised myself late last year that I would splash out on a nice dense and short loft brush in 2011
2) Blades & aftershave balm DONT count, as I dont have enough to keep me going for the whole of 2011

Last edited:
Top Bottom