What's new

Indulgence of the Night - Oct 08

A glass of Chilean Carmere and a bowl of Irish Flake in my little old bent Big Ben pipe. A lovely end to a long day.

Tastiest and simplest Venison stew ever, glass of the same merlot that was in the stew.

Wanted to try one of my new tobaccos but its showers outside so no sitting in the garden. I'm sure I'll try one or two tomorrow, I'm off shopping for a bent peterson on saturday so I certainly will be then!

Tonight will be:

A chicken stir fry
A bowl of Peterson University Flake
Chimay Red [only one I can get locally, I want to try the others]
Duvel
Leffe Brune

Tonight will be:

A chicken stir fry
A bowl of Peterson University Flake
Chimay Red [only one I can get locally, I want to try the others]
Duvel
Leffe Brune

The other Chimays are definitely worth seeking out, Richie. While the Red is good, I like the the Triple and Blue more.

I had the blue once late into an evening, so the taste profile was not really appreciated. I want to try it on an un fuddled mind! The triple however has never passed my lips

Had my first bowl of Hamborger Veermaster. Hoping Jay will chime in here, but I believe this tobacco is ribbon cut? At any rate, packing the bowl was interesting, but I was successful. It smoked all the way down to a nice, dry ash, burning even and cool the whole way down. Flavor was mild and smooth. Definitely a winner. :thumbsup:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Had my first bowl of Hamborger Veermaster. Hoping Jay will chime in here, but I believe this tobacco is ribbon cut? At any rate, packing the bowl was interesting, but I was successful. It smoked all the way down to a nice, dry ash, burning even and cool the whole way down. Flavor was mild and smooth. Definitely a winner. :thumbsup:

Great work, Cory. Most folks don't make it to the bottom on their first few tries.

That's a broken flake, and pretty easy to seperate into strands- a great beginners flake with a straightforward flavor profile. Doesn't burn as hot as many (MacBaren, McClellands).

Fish and chips with an anchor steam beer

Later on a band a friend of mine knows is playing a local pub, so probably have some guinness and an adnams broadside

Great work, Cory. Most folks don't make it to the bottom on their first few tries.

That's a broken flake, and pretty easy to seperate into strands- a great beginners flake with a straightforward flavor profile. Doesn't burn as hot as many (MacBaren, McClellands).

Thanks for the info, Jay. You know, I never thought I'd say this (you probably knew it all along), but last night I sat out with the pipe and a new blend and I could not have enjoyed the whole experience any more! With a cigar it'd be, "Oh no. The burn is uneven...it's too dry/wet...plugged...etc. With the pipe? Went out? Light it again. Your flavor won't be affected. Plugged? Dig around in the bowl gently and loosen 'er up. Not enjoying it for any reason? Put it down. If you dump the bowl, you're out what...$0.50 worth of tobacco?

Don't get me wrong, I still really love cigars, but you and Ryan have really opened a new door for me in terms of fine tobacco enjoyment and relaxation. Additional benefits I've discovered with the pipe vs. the cigar other than the obvious cost differences is that the residual taste in the mouth is so mild that simply brushing my teeth well afterwards gets rid of it completely. This is important because I am able to enjoy a bowl in the evening after dinner, come inside and shower and brush my teeth, and not get an earful from my wife!

Top Bottom