What's new

Down to these two......

Not 100% sure, but yes, these two if I buy new. Still looking at some vintage though, vintage for me is a lot harder to figure out. Seriously here I can find 100+ vintage blades ranging from $30 - $700. Confusing to say the least. So, please have a look at these Boker and share your thoughts. Obviously the Black one is modern with the awesome Ambonia Wood scales and the other is New Old School(?) with some sort of Horn scales that I'd like to know more about but having hard time w/ any detail. Supposedly Limited Edition which would be cool. Xiexie (oh, if they both suck, tell me and advise what to search for)

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 00.36.09.jpgtempImageKxOXp7.png

@ JPO,, oh,, you have that Black Boker,,, any comments on the Scales? Cool as they seem from reading,, or? and how about the Edge, the sharpness,, would you have called it Shave-ready on unboxing? and what do u think of this price? High, I know.

@ JPO,, oh,, you have that Black Boker,,, any comments on the Scales? Cool as they seem from reading,, or? and how about the Edge, the sharpness,, would you have called it Shave-ready on unboxing? and what do u think of this price? High, I know.
The scales are good in my opinion. They don't come shave ready, but are generally easy hone.
The price seems reasonable.
The last razor in your photo is numbered, which means it's part of a limited edition sprint run.
Any of these razors will be a good buy in my opinion.
Good steel and grind.
You might get by with just a pasted strop if you are not ready to start honing yet.
They are both extra hollow ground razors. So, if this is your first straight razor they might be a little harder to use compared to a slightly heavier and stiffer blade.

20240326_104902.jpg

Last edited:
Thx for info. wow,, I like the scales on that Mister Cutter, how are they referred to? Scales on ammonia look a bit dull.. imo. Ok, yeah, I read that several places about Extra hollow vs Heavier...

Thx for info. wow,, I like the scales on that Mister Cutter, how are they referred to? Scales on ammonia look a bit dull.. imo. Ok, yeah, I read that several places about Extra hollow vs Heavier...
I think the scales are made of dessert ironwood.
My first straight razor was a 1/4 hollow 7/8. This is in my opinion easier to use then some of my extra hollow smaller razors. Now most of my razors are full hollow to extra hollow.
An extra hollow 8/8 gives you the best of both in my opinion. The extra weight makes a big difference.

Top Bottom