What's new

2015 Shave Purchase Sabbatical, The Year of the Jedi

Hi,

I originally joined the Online variant of the restraint just so I could go into Auntie Que's stores and get some rare old razors for half of what they are worth. But, then I joined up here to attain Jedi Master, and so have to Stay Away from the spots where the Dark Side is Strong.

The real kicker is that there is a small town in my county with 15 or so such stores, all of which obtain their stock (at least in part) from estate sales. So, my original plan was to be able to visit this town about once a month or so.

So, if I wind up seduced by the Dark Side, well, I can come up with all sorts of tempting goodies to share here. And, still Stay In the Online restraint. Yikes! :p

Stan

Edit: These are bad thoughts for a Jedi. I must now pay penance by listening to Master Yoda teach a 3 hour English class! :p

Hi,

I originally joined the Online variant of the restraint just so I could go into Auntie Que's stores and get some rare old razors for half of what they are worth. But, then I joined up here to attain Jedi Master, and so have to Stay Away from the spots where the Dark Side is Strong.

The real kicker is that there is a small town in my county with 15 or so such stores, all of which obtain their stock (at least in part) from estate sales. So, my original plan was to be able to visit this town about once a month or so.

So, if I wind up seduced by the Dark Side, well, I can come up with all sorts of tempting goodies to share here. And, still Stay In the Online restraint. Yikes! :p

Stan

Edit: These are bad thoughts for a Jedi. I must now pay penance by listening to Master Yoda teach a 3 hour English class! :p

You are sounding more like Anokin Skywalker, than a Jedi Master. Samuel L. Jackson would be dissapointed in you.

#12 SOTD:

6/8 C/V Heljestrand Royal Kindal
Whipped Dog Synthetic
Stirling Nag Champa
Ogallala Sandalwood

Finally finished this Ogallala Sandalwood sample.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422112384.015540.jpg

Just for the hell of it, here's the wife's leg shave setup from this morning:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422112513.343233.jpg

#62 reporting all's quiet, no real temptations (no surprise). Yesterday's SoTD was interesting because I was rushed, which is rare.

I wound up doing a quick two-pass due to time constraints. Comfortable but not as close as with the other two passes. It's the fourth shave on the blade and it's still sharp and smooth. CCS and 4/5.

Razor: Gem MicroMatic Open Comb
Blade: Gem PTFE Coated SS
Brush: MadeRite 100% Bristle
Lather: Cella Purissima
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Bay Rum
Addcare: Osma Alum Bar, E4G Tea Tree and Vetiver PSO

---

Best,
Jerry

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
You're not alone. Recently I have been thinking it might be a good idea to get one of those one dollar Walmart salsa bowls.
Buy it becasue you like salsa. Use it for lather because your wife won't allow something that cheap looking in her kitchen

Guys, I would like to PIF a slice of unobtainium to a Sabbatical member that is still in after 6 months. This will be a slice off of my stick of the legendary Irisch Moos. I will choose the winner randomly on July 1 and I will do this whether I am still in or not.
Just let me know that you are in on the PIF, and then stay strong for another 5+ months!

Guys, I would like to PIF a slice of unobtainium to a Sabbatical member that is still in after 6 months. This will be a slice off of my stick of the legendary Irisch Moos. I will choose the winner randomly on July 1 and I will do this whether I am still in or not.
Just let me know that you are in on the PIF, and then stay strong for another 5+ months!

This is incredibly generous! Very much in!

Absolutely I'm in. Very generous of you sir, thank you.

Sweet! I'm in! Thank you!

If I'm in by July, I would love to try IM. Thank you.

I'm tempted by a SRD brush scuttle and shaving mug. My Georgetown scuttle just doesn't hold heat. I also kind of want to try a Semogue 830 again but I should be able to trade for one.

What else...still doing fine on product, razors, and blades. Doing okay on brush temptations too.

Oh yeah, my wife told me she was thinking of getting me a shaving brush for V-day. Told her I can't help her out. No idea what she would have even picked out. My cabinet is full of Semogue boars, synthetics, Thaters, and a couple Rudy Vey brushes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom