#10 still in

SOTD

Progress
Nacet (11)
SOC
Tiki The Captain (veggie formula)
RR Alum
Thayer's WH

For some reason, Tiki gives me fits when I try to build a lather. The slickness is there, but the sweet spot keeps eluding me. Still, a DFS.

I know there has been talk of the Rules and clarification on them already, but here is one that I think needs a ruling.

I donated $7.50 to the Sue Moore fund raiser. In return I will be receiving 1 Personna 74 blade. To me this is a grey (yes, with an E) area as Sue Moore Auction is explicitly listed in the exceptions, donating to the fund in return for a shaving item is not. Either I'm still in under the umbrella of the Sue Moore auction exception or I'm out for receiving shave gear in return for the donation. Either way I have no quarrels with the out come.

Leave it to me to create unneeded drama in both Sabbaticals I've entered... BTW, @ kevdog, I just realized that you linked my Bic Comfort twin purchase from the 2013 Sabbatical.. Awesome!

Last edited:
I know there has been talk of the Rules and clarification on them already, but here is one that I think needs a ruling.

I donated $7.50 to the Sue Moore fund raiser. In return I will be receiving 1 Personna 74 blade. To me this is a grey (yes, with an E) area as Sue Moore Auction is explicitly listed in the exceptions, donating to the fund in return for a shaving item is not. Either I'm still in under the umbrella of the Sue Moore auction exception or I'm out for receiving shave gear in return for the donation. Either way I have no quarrels with the out come.

Leave it to me to crete unneeded drama in both Sabbaticals I've entered... BTW, @ kevdog, I just realized that you linked my Bic Comfort twin purchase form the 2013 Sabbatical.. Awesome!

Hi,

I am doing the same thing. No money is going to He Who Has The Blade. It is going to the Sue Moore Fund. So, we are Still In. :)

This is why Darth Dogg posted his reminder that Sue Moore donations are Good even though we may wind up with shaving stuff for doing so. Double :)

Stan

Hi,

I am doing the same thing. No money is going to He Who Has The Blade. It is going to the Sue Moore Fund. So, we are Still In. :)

This is why Darth Dogg posted his reminder that Sue Moore donations are Good even though we may wind up with shaving stuff for doing so. Double :)

Stan
Thanks. I wasn't sure if this would qualify as a solicited PIF or what not.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if this would qualify as a solicited PIF or what not.

Think of that offer as an extension of the Sue Moore Auction with a BIN price, as the $$ are going to the Sue Moore fund. If I ruled you out for this, then the Sue Moore Auction would no longer be able to be an exception either, and that would not be right.

I had the chance to read Sue's story yesterday linked under the Saint Sue Merit Award Badge. What an incredible person she was. Thankful for her and her daughter Wendy for sharing her battle on here.

Hi,

Stan

I saw your post in the One blade thread, and thought I would make it clear that anything Sue Moore fund related is a Sabbatical exception, even outside of the main auction in October.

I saw your post in the One blade thread, and thought I would make it clear that anything Sue Moore fund related is a Sabbatical exception, even outside of the main auction in October.

Hi,

I am glad you did. I knew it was Ok, but other might not have, and this sounds like it is going to be fun. From what others have said, the P74 has an excellent chance of lasting the entire month. :)

Stan

Leave it to me to create unneeded drama in both Sabbaticals I've entered... BTW, @ kevdog, I just realized that you linked my Bic Comfort twin purchase from the 2013 Sabbatical.. Awesome!

I actually did that this afternoon as well and with no feeling of guilt. I've used a 74 blade before and, while I don't quite get the hype, I think it's a good blade. I don't know if I'll find it comfortable for an entire month as a daily shaver but I'll give it a shot. I did it more as a reason to donate than anything else.

I actually did that this afternoon as well and with no feeling of guilt. I've used a 74 blade before and, while I don't quite get the hype, I think it's a good blade. I don't know if I'll find it comfortable for an entire month as a daily shaver but I'll give it a shot. I did it more as a reason to donate than anything else.

Hi,

Me, too.

I was going to skip it this year, having done it last year. I still use the same blade as last year, but see no reason to repeat it. The offer came out, and I still passed on it. Yes, the P74 has the Rep, but let someone else play. Only, it seems the first offer was passed on by everyone. So, I saw the post this morn where four blades were available, so why not give a few bucks to The Cause and have a bit of fun in the process? ;)

Stan

Hi,

Me, too.

I was going to skip it this year, having done it last year. I still use the same blade as last year, but see no reason to repeat it. The offer came out, and I still passed on it. Yes, the P74 has the Rep, but let someone else play. Only, it seems the first offer was passed on by everyone. So, I saw the post this morn where four blades were available, so why not give a few bucks to The Cause and have a bit of fun in the process? ;)

Stan

Those were basically my thoughts exactly. I also noticed on the donation page that the donations were made after he posted the lowering of the price to 7.50 and the donations were 10$ each. Keeping it classy.

Not to tempt anyone, but look what showed up on my doorstep last night - all the way from Germany.

That's one of each with an extra Coconut thrown in for good measure. Looking forward to trying these out... in 7 or 8 years. :tongue_sm

Not to tempt anyone, but look what showed up on my doorstep last night - all the way from Germany.

That's one of each with an extra Coconut thrown in for good measure. Looking forward to trying these out... in 7 or 8 years. :tongue_sm

Did you steal my shipment? :lol:

I have one of each coming, plus a Speick stick, plus my victory brush. Package arrived Thursday and is sitting on my desk.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'll be visiting an antique mall/community tomorrow. Wish me luck!...on not finding anything.
Man that feels weird to say.

Top Bottom