What's new

Tobacquisitions for December 2014

With Christmas around the corner, and the BL Secret Santa, this months acquisition thread should be especially interesting.

$cigarsanta-600x250.jpg

I'm an Aro guy, so I've got 4 oz each of Cherry Bon Bon (stokkebye), Sambuca (Stokkebye), and Kentucky Blizzard (Sutliff) scheduled for delivery today!

However, for those of you not likely to get excited about that, I picked up a tin of Plumcake not long ago... Vastly different than the above, I gather. Best to keep an open mind, LOL.

Dean

I'm an Aro guy, so I've got 4 oz each of Cherry Bon Bon (stokkebye), Sambuca (Stokkebye), and Kentucky Blizzard (Sutliff) scheduled for delivery today!

However, for those of you not likely to get excited about that, I picked up a tin of Plumcake not long ago... Vastly different than the above, I gather. Best to keep an open mind, LOL.

Dean

Would love to hear your thoughts on Stokkebye aromatics. Have you tried a lot?

I am always on the hunt for an aromatic that has a good full flavor but doesn't skimp on the tobacco taste.

Not so sure I've tried a lot, LOL, depending on your definition of a lot... I suspect I have, but its been over a span of 20 years... And I tend to smoke only a few bowls every couple of months or so... So I've sampled a lot of bulk aros from different local guys over the years, but remember specifics of very few.

I'll let you know what I think. I'm also not married to all the online reviews or I wouldn't have taken a chance on the KY blizzard-which seems to get some mixed reviews. Everyone's taste is different, and the good reviews outweighed the negatives on the KY as far as I was concerned.

Looking forward to getting them in. I also need to fire up the plumcake this week.

Dean

I ordered this in November and it may have arrived in November, I'm not sure, but the mail room at work didn't notify me until today so I guess this counts as a December tobacquisition. As well, half of it is a Christmas gift from my wife and she wants to wrap it, so that kinda puts it in December territory too...

2 pounds of King's Ransom from Milan Tobacconists.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1417459693032.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1417459693032.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 109
proxy.php

10 pack of Joya Red and a Brick House sampler... it arrived while I was taking photos of the Semois Bouchon that I'll be attempting to review from Boris's PIF.

I ordered this in November and it may have arrived in November, I'm not sure, but the mail room at work didn't notify me until today so I guess this counts as a December tobacquisition. As well, half of it is a Christmas gift from my wife and she wants to wrap it, so that kinda puts it in December territory too...

2 pounds of King's Ransom from Milan Tobacconists.

You must be loving some Kings Ransom.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
It was a busy cyber Monday for me with orders from Peretti's and P&C, and I have about 9 pounds of pipe tobacco headed my way in the coming week. Going to be a nice top off on my cellar before I hit the brakes and take a year off from serious acquisition mode.

It was a busy cyber Monday for me with orders from Peretti's and P&C, and I have about 9 pounds of pipe tobacco headed my way in the coming week. Going to be a nice top off on my cellar before I hit the brakes and take a year off from serious acquisition mode.

Yep, I just finished a binge this last couple of weeks. About $350 worth of tobacco from Iwan Ries and two separate orders from P&C. Time to take a break and smoke some. LOL

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Well, shoot. Deals came my way and ended up tacking on another 2.5 pounds. Done and done.

Top Bottom