What's new

Calling all VINTAGE SIMPSONS - Hear Ye Hear Ye

Here are a couple more that just were added to the collection.

$IMG_0703.jpg$IMG_0704.jpg
This is a KH-2 that was made for Gimbals and was re-knotted by me.
$IMG_0705.jpg
Here is a AS3M that has the original knot and was just cleaned up. This could go into anyone's rotation right now and be an excellent performer.

Nice brushes Patrick! If you haven't used that AS3M yet, you are in for a real treat. The vintage Simpson Best Badgers have all out-performed their modern counterparts in my experience. The tough part is finding these old brushes with knots that are still usable.

Posted in the 'Post your Butterscotch Eye Candy thread but here as well for completeness.

My latest acquisition with an Aussie $1 coin for size comparison

Needs a bit of a clean up and possibly a re-knot, that knot doesn't look in great condition at this stage, but definitely a vintage butterscotch Simmo...

I should have included dimensions!

Handle diameter: 34mm
Handle height: 47mm
Knot diameter: 19mm
Loft: 48mm

Last edited:
Here's my AS2M that was ultimately reknotted with a 3-band super knot by Simpson. The first picture shows it with the new knot next to my 3-band X3 and Chubby 2 brushes. It has bloomed nicely and it is like lathering with a pillow but works equally well with soaps and creams. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I remember the strawbridges stores in philly man I was young very nice find wish I could find a piece with local history to it very cool

Vintage pure badger Simpson. No idea what model, only marked pure badger. The person I bought it from was the original owner and bought it in England himself. Only used 3-4 times. Not the densest of brushes, but not floppy either.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408854937.872489.jpg

Vintage pure badger Simpson. No idea what model, only marked pure badger. The person I bought it from was the original owner and bought it in England himself. Only used 3-4 times. Not the densest of brushes, but not floppy either.

Pretty sure that's a special.

That is very probably true. I only know of one other person that owns one, with the same original 2-band hair. Impressive!

The butterscotch Somerset era Colonel handle is one size bigger than the ordinary X2L and it weighs a lot more. It was custom made to B Altman & Co (BAC) on 5[SUP]th[/SUP] Avenue in New York City in the late forties or early fifties. It's fitted with a 25/50 mm TGN finest 2 band knot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom