What's new

SJOL Spring Cleaning with some NOS gray boxes

I saw someone post a link to a St. James of London sale in the Brush Acquisition thread a few weeks ago and have since ordered a few brushes. I figured there must certainly be a thread about it already, but cannot find one.

The several brushes I bought all came in gray boxes with “Made In England” stickers on them and appear to be wonderful examples of Simpsons Best Badger grade knots.

Based on a little googling, I believe these to be post-Somerset, which I think means made after 2009, and prior to 2014, which is approximately when the current “Made in Great Britain” stickers began to be used instead. Please take that assessment with a grain of salt as I have not reached out to the vendor to ask. For all I know they could be inventory from when Mark bought the business that was subsequently sold to this retailer.

It looks like there may be a few Duke 1, Chubby 1, Polo 10, and Polo 12 remaining, along with some Chubby 2. The prices are lower than today’s normal retail for the same models, so it seems like a pretty good deal if a person is in the market for one of these brushes. The sales are final, and I have one that isn’t maybe necessarily totally perfect, but all of the knots have been delightfully soft for their grade and none have shed more than the usual couple/few hairs that new brushes often do.

Anyway, I am posting this here in hope that these can go to fellow forum members, and in dens where they will see some use and appreciation.

Cheers!

Followed your lead and picked up a Chubby Best 1. Thanks for the tip.

Decent price, though still to be my priciest brush.

NOS is usually more fun, also.

Top Bottom