What's new

Calling all VINTAGE SIMPSONS - Hear Ye Hear Ye

From what I remember, there's a twin to that brush and that only Gary Young has it himself, so essentially its 1 of a kind.

Size-wise is it compatible in size to a chubby, duke 3 or something? It doesn't look to be big but a wide handle. The handle shape is so very non Simpsons as we know them now. That's excellent description to hear that its quite dense handle, never having had real ivory I wouldn't have known. The hair looks gorgeously comfortable with its snowy white tips, I would't expect it to be anything less than the finest of some uber grade hair Simpsons had used with the provenance that involves Gary Young and this material.

Chrissss may it continue to provide excellent lathers for you, thanks for sharing.. I don't get get tired seeing that brush randomly pop up on SOTD pictures!

Here is a picture with a duke III side by side :
$P1020790.jpg$P1020791.jpg

I've read that Gary Young should make a 2nd one but never see it, the handle shape could look strange but it's very ergonomic, giving you a perfect grip when face lather.
I enjoy each shave with this brush and at the moment, never find a hair of this quality again.

I don't think anyone's ever seen it, as you, I read about it in post when it was put up.. so you essentially a 1 of a kind still :thumbup1:

Thanks for the side by side, its a true beauty.. I could never understand ivory stripe till only a week or so ago when another real ivory was posted. There's a tremendous amount of character in the handle, the side views really accentuate the grain. But I can believe that the odd shape could add to the ergonomics of it, it definitely shouldn't be slippery with those angles. I would speculate the unique shape is governed original shape/grain of the material when they had it, so probably no 2 pieces if that exists is exactly alike either.. Beautiful brush!

New butterscotch landed, yes I'm the sniper, sorry for all who have bid on it but I really want it and place a very high bid so no regrets.
$P1020798.jpg

New butterscotch landed, yes I'm the sniper, sorry for all who have bid on it but I really want it and place a very high bid so no regrets.

WOOT WOOT!

Congrats mate - glad it has a new home!

Looks too big for me anyway - were the dimensions listed?

Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I have a vintage Simpsons butterscotch en route to me!!! Kind of a big pain in the bottom to buy it, because the seller (CONUS) refused to ship it overseas so I had to ask a friend of mine in Michigan to act as my forwarding service.

I attached the seller photos to the post, are you able to tell me which model it is? The seller is no shave connoisseur. Will post my own pictures as soon as I receive it.

Looks to me like you scored a Case, I have a similar brush that was made for Bloomingdales and it is my favorite travel brush!

$20131204_212654.jpg

Looks to me like you scored a Case, I have a similar brush that was made for Bloomingdales and it is my favorite travel brush!
Thanks, they look similar, indeed.
Do you happen to know its (approx.) knot size? My loft does not look as good as yours, I will change it to a brand new one when I receive the brush.

Top Bottom