What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Cloud Atlas. My reaction was... WHAT? Several stories that are supposed to be connected. I saw one tentative connection... but I was mostly just confused. The flashing back and fourth between different time periods for different stories didn't help. It was also very long... nearly three hours.

It's a good day to die hard, 8/10

This movie had it all: explosions, fistfights, gunfights, chicks in helicopters shooting and car chases. All the things needed for an awesome action movie. I take it for what it is. I realize films like these have ok storylines and ok dialogue. It's an action film, and it did what it set out to do. Which was to blow stuff up.

i found it to be entertaining.

In May:

Argo,
Skyfall, 7 psychopaths, taken 2, To Rome with love,
Cosmopolis, Total recall [2012], Ted, Bourne Legacy, Men Black 3, sparkle,
step up revolution, Dark knight rises, Expendables 2,savages,
2 days in New York, Amazing Spiderman, The Campaign, Thats my boy, The Avengers,

In June:

Lincoln, A good day to die hard, Spring breakers, Dhjango, Snitch,
Last Stand, Side Effects, Cloud Atals, Jack Reacher, Silver linings playbook,
Les Miserebles, Hitchcock, Star trek [2013]

In July:

Host, Lone Ranger, Straw dogs,
Garden Party, On the road, Green Lantern,
Not Suitable for children, The hunger, Life of Pi,4321,
licnse to drive, Run Silent run deep [1946],

Last edited:
It's a good day to die hard, 8/10

This movie had it all: explosions, fistfights, gunfights, chicks in helicopters shooting and car chases. All the things needed for an awesome action movie. I take it for what it is. I realize films like these have ok storylines and ok dialogue. It's an action film, and it did what it set out to do. Which was to blow stuff up.

i found it to be entertaining.

The way it ended, I think Bruce will pass the torch to his son......Die Hard,the new generation

I watched Cloud Atlas over the weekend. Didn't read the book, so I can speak to that. The movie seemed too ambitious, and maybe doomed to fail. Too many loose ends, more explanation needed for the ties between the stories, and I really needed more background on a few of the stories. Maybe they should have gone all-in and just made it a 4 hour movie and fill in some of the gaps. Also, the dialect used in that one story was really annoying and inconsistent. Still, I enjoyed watching it. It was interesting and absorbing, and the cinematography was great.

Skyfall. Great movie. Started to feel too long a couple of times, then reeled me back in with some action.

Is it just me, or was there some kind of odd suggestion that when Silva calls M "mother" he meant it literally? When we see the gravestone it shows Bond's mother's name as Monique Delacroix Bond. M ... Monique ... Mother? It doesn't make sense, but I can't help feel they were hinting at something.

Hmm... when Bond and M have that quiet chat on the moors she doesn't ask how old he was when his parents died. She says "How old were you when they died." Maybe it's not a crazy idea after all.

Saw three movies over the weekend, four if you count last Thursday night (unlike the Americans us Canadians didn't get Thursday/Friday off. :) ).

Olympus Has Fallen - good movie, if you want lots of action and a semi-believable-ish storyline. Wasn't bad, wasn't great. Definitely glad I didn't spend money to see it in theatres.

This Is The End - Funny. Funny. Funny. IF you like that kind of humour. I thought it was great...I was also the only person laughing at a few parts (like the Mccaulay Culkin "hat"...LOL) and the cameo's were great. Definitely not for everyone though. I'd put this movie as a hard R...definitely not something you want to bring the kids to.

Parker - Very good movie. Jason Statham is great and J-Lo is pretty good too. I was surprised that I didn't notice this one in theatres as it was definitely better than many others I've seen hit the big screen.

The Host - This one was more for my wife than I as she's a big Twilight fan (this book was written by the same author). The movie was...well...two hours long. Umm...aside from that it's hard to say anything else. It was pretty boring. Even my wife was happy when it was over. Definitely not worth any money at all. Really poorly done, very slow. I'll be reading the book soon and hopefully that will be better than the movie.

Cheers,

M.

"The Last Ride"....chronicle of Hank Williams' last couple days alive. Excellent movie if you are a fan (I am). Will be boring if you are not.

Jack Reacher. Very fun and well directed. One of the best car chase scenes I've seen. The style reminded me a bit of Hitchcock including blond eye candy.

Skyfall. Great movie. Started to feel too long a couple of times, then reeled me back in with some action.

Is it just me, or was there some kind of odd suggestion that when Silva calls M "mother" he meant it literally? When we see the gravestone it shows Bond's mother's name as Monique Delacroix Bond. M ... Monique ... Mother? It doesn't make sense, but I can't help feel they were hinting at something.

Hmm... when Bond and M have that quiet chat on the moors she doesn't ask how old he was when his parents died. She says "How old were you when they died." Maybe it's not a crazy idea after all.

I felt they were hinting at something there too, maybe we will get to see in the next installment.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

I took it as she took in two children at a young age, both Bond and Silva, and she was like a surrogate of sorts to them.

On edit: thinking about it, she was definitely a surrogate to Bond, but actual to Silva is very feasible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom