What's new

What Are You Reading?

I'm reading "American Sniper," by Chris Kyle. It's a very interesting book about a young Texas man becoming a Navy SEAL and his adventures in the 2nd Persian Gulf war.

What keeps me interested in this book, is some of the places that Kyle visited in the 2nd Gulf War are the same ones that I visited during the 1st Gulf War.

I'm reading "American Sniper," by Chris Kyle. It's a very interesting book about a young Texas man becoming a Navy SEAL and his adventures in the 2nd Persian Gulf war.

What keeps me interested in this book, is some of the places that Kyle visited in the 2nd Gulf War are the same ones that I visited during the 1st Gulf War.

I just finished it. Took me longer than expected 'cause I got a couple new fountain pens in and was playing. Also teaching a friend how to use a DE (another one bites the dust! :D) I enjoyed it. Good read, bit of detail into some things I wasn't expecting there to be and lack of detail to keep the book flowing. Wasn't too happy about the last chapter or so but I understand why he put them in.

I'm onto Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz now.

Cheers,

M.

Happy, Happy, Happy by Phil Robertson.

+1 Just finished that book. Highly recommend. I also just finished "The Duck Commander Family" by Willie Robertson. Another good book. I just realized how funny it is to mention books by these two guys on a shaving forum when neither of these guys shaves!

+1 Just finished that book. Highly recommend. I also just finished "The Duck Commander Family" by Willie Robertson. Another good book. I just realized how funny it is to mention books by these two guys on a shaving forum when neither of these guys shaves!

Hmm.. Didn't cross my mind. :001_tongu

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
As I said before, I am probably the only Dungeons and Dragons geek who hasn't read the Hobbit or the LOTR trilogy. I took step one to fix that and picked them up at Half Price Books on the way to work.

On edit: I had a 15 minute break so I read chapter 1. I shouldn't have done that, because now I want to find a hiding spot to read.

Last edited:
As I said before, I am probably the only Dungeons and Dragons geek who hasn't read the Hobbit or the LOTR trilogy. I took step one to fix that and picked them up at Half Price Books on the way to work.

In Before (IB) Tom Bombadil.

You might find the prose a bit dated, but the world building is top notch.

"The Shadow Factory" by James Bamford. It was written in 2008 and discusses the NSA in a post-911 world. It is eerily accurate, for a five year old book, in light of the recent news stories.

Top Bottom