What's new

What Are You Reading?

I have a few books going right now-

Crossing the Line- Alvin Kernan
The Rise of Theodore Rooseveldt-Edmund Morris
In Fifty Years We Will All Be Chicks- Adam Carrolla
The Boy Scouts Handbook(original from gutenberg project, really amazing how much has changed from the original handbook to present day)

Thankfully I have invested in a Kindle since I used to have trouble finding new books, or would only read one at a time, since I have been developing quite the queue of reading to get to.

I finished "Brother Odd" and I am ready for the next Odd Thomas book; "Odd Hours" by Dean Koontz. Also reserved "A cool breeze on the underground" by Don Winslow. These s/b ready for pickup by EOW at the library and will fill my weekend

the vendetta melvin purvis

A candid, no-holds-barred, insider's expose of the search for and killing of America's most famous criminal of the Roaring Jazz Age by one of the sons of America's foremost G-Man. The critical and doomed relationship of J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI's most famous Agent, Melvin Purvis, makes for a book that is difficult, if not impossible, to put down and, certainly, ever to forget.

I just finished Morlock Night by K W Jeter. This is the first novel that is universally accepted as steampunk. Jeter coined the term himself. A very easy read, I tore through it in a couple of evenings. The novel takes up where Well's Time Machine leaves off. Yet it is a world of its own. I will certainly be reading more of the history and future-that-never-was. I truly enjoy sci-fi fantasy and Victoriana. This gives you all three.

Cheers, Todd

Last edited:
I just finished Morlock Night by K W Jester. This is the first novel that is universally accepted as steampunk. Jester coined the term himself. A very easy read, I tore through it in a couple of evenings. The novel takes up where Well's Time Machine leaves off. Yet it is a world of its own. I will certainly be reading more of the history and future-that-never-was. I truly enjoy sci-fi fantasy and Victoriana. This gives you all three.

Cheers, Todd
I just searched my public library online and realized it is K.W Jeter. Thanks for suggesting an interesting sounding book.

The Pale Criminal, by Phillip Kerr. WWII era novel with German detective Bernhard Gunther. Great series of novels.

My wife loves this series. Got her the latest one for her birthday, last month.

I just started Alain de Botton's How Proust Can Change Your Life.

Last edited:
I just searched my public library online and realized it is K.W Jeter. Thanks for suggesting an interesting sounding book.

Yes, I just realised my ridiculous spelling. Well part of it is due to Kindle Fire. The damnable predictive text just pops out what it wants. I suppose I should go through the settings and see if I can eliminate the problem. It isn't the first post I have messed up here because of it. I have edited the offending post.

Cheers Todd

Finished "Salem's Lot" and it put me in a real King mood. I finally decided to read "The Stand", which I have never gotten around to reading. I have the "uncut" edition from the 90's.

I am going between Cash: The Autobiography and
The Vendetta: FBI Hero Melvin Purvis's War Against Crime, and J. Edgar Hoover's War Against Him. Both are good books i recommened both. Some days I will read acouple of chapters then get busy with other things.

A riveting read. The conspiracy nut in me thinks he could be close to the truth ;-)

State of Fear

State of Fear

First edition cover
Author(s)Michael Crichton
CountryUnited States
LanguageEnglish
Genre(s)Science fiction,
Techno-thriller,
Dystopian novel
PublisherHarperCollins
Publication dateDecember 7, 2004
Media typePrint (Hardcover and Paperback)
Pages641 (798 in special paperback ed.)
ISBN0-00-718159-0
OCLC Number56759026
Preceded byPrey
Followed byNext

State of Fear is a 2004 techno-thriller novel by Michael Crichton concerning eco-terrorists who attempt mass murder to support their views

Top Bottom