What's new

PIF: Giveaway Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another cool thing about the Barbershop stuff is the boxes both have a copyright date of 1976. So the soap and the brush are a birthyear set for me. Now I have 2 birthyear soaps (Barbershop and Williams). I will only use them around the week of my birthday (which is the end of this month).

I received mine today! The sender did an awesome job! I wonder how they knew about my love of cooking?

proxy.php

Man Dom Aftershave, Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne, Ogallala Bay Rum Aftershave, GFT Colognes: Portugal, Astor, Marlborough and Curzon

proxy.php

Daniel Cremieux Watch

proxy.php

Godrej Lime Shaving Cream, Ogallala Bay Rum Shaving Soap, Castle Forbes Lime Shaving Cream

proxy.php

The Art of Manliness (I can't wait to read this one because it looks to be very interesting and I bet I'll learn a few things.)

proxy.php

Bento Boxes Japanese Meals on the Go

proxy.php

The Encyclopedia of Cooking Skills & Techniques

Thank you very much, sender!

Last edited:
still gathering a few things for my outbound package. i'll be out of town and unable to work on this over the weekend, so i'm hoping to ship by mid-week next week.

Mine is shipped and on it's way. The stamp will be a big giveaway to my person!
You guys are receiving some awesome things. I have no idea what a nutty bar is but dam it looks tasty!

My PIF box of awesomeness also came in today:

It contained:

-Dickenson's Witch Hazel (never tried it, have always used the generic)
-Two 10 packs of Wilkinson Sword Trac II blades (my sender obviously did some research on me, knowing that the Trac II has been my preferred razor of late).
-A sweet looking watch
-A pack of Derby Blades
-Some Alum (which I have also never tried)
-Some Anthony Logistics Samples.
-A puck of Non-Vintage Williams Mug Soap
-Two very very nice kitchen knives. :thumbup1::thumbup1:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Oh wait, that puck of Williams isn't your run of the mill Williams Mug Soap, it's a "Michiganlover's Special Edition!!"

(this was a super cool, and very unique touch!! I love it!! :001_tt1::001_tt1:)

proxy.php

Last edited:
The Art of Manliness (I can't wait to read this one because it looks to be very interesting and I bet I'll learn a few things.)

Woah! I was going to send this to my receiver too!
Looks like such a good book, and the blog is largely responsible for my being here at all!

(on B&B. Not, y'know...earth)

Got home from work today to a package waiting for me! Didn't get the one I was expecting, but got an even better one! Waiting for the camera battery to charge right now so I can post some pics. Great box! You really did some research!

Alright got it charged up enough for a couple pics!
proxy.php

In the box was some Mama Bear's Caribbean soap, Trumper's Extract of Limes AS, Ogallala Limes and Peppercorn shave stick, Pinuad Lime Sec, some SPF 30 sun block, a wooden lather bowl, and sand. Lots and lots of sand. All over my apartment now sand. LOVE IT! Obviously someone found my thread about my Caribbean vacation coming up! All stocked up for it now! Oh yeah, and the S.O.S note. Simply amazing and creative box! Thank you! Can't wait to get mine sent out.

EDIT: Can't wait to shave today to get a preview of what my vacation will be like!

Last edited:
This has been funner and better than I ever imagined. You guys don't know how cool this is for me and how exciting it is.

Thank you for sending my gift!! Not sure how you got my address, but I really appreciate it. Awesome. Though, you didn't have to do that, I really do like it a lot.

Alright got some time to go through everything and here's the awesome haul:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Soaps:
New Tabac in bowl
Col Conk
Traditional Quattro
Kent
MB Hydrogen
VDH
Arko stick

Creams:
Cyril R Salter French Veltiver
Kiss my Face fragrance-free
Old Spice original
CO Bigelow small tube
Cella

Brushes:
(used)
Vintage Ever Ready
Tweezerman
AOS

(new)
Kent pure bristle
Omega
Simpsons Special Best badger

Razors:
5 Gillettes, two of which I know (Tech and red-tip superspeed)
7-day Straight Razor set
Vintage GEM Junior with case

Samples:
AOS kit, EJ Sea Buckthorn, (3)TH unscented oil/cream/as, Ogallala Bay Rum, Trumpers Lime cream, (4) TOBS creams, Voskkhod blades, 7 o'clock blade

Misc:
CVS premium shave kit
Brush stand
Old Spice mug
Stainless steel blade
Akribos XXIV Automatic watch

What a fantastic experience! I love how we snooped around in each others posts to see what to get each other. The Simpsons brush is something Ive craved for some time now. Other things that were on my list were some Tabac, Arko, and an Old Spice mug and cream. Im not sure Ive ever talked about those so my sender must by psychic! Also, a winding watch?! Amazing! Theres no way that couldve been coincidence - it too was something Ive had my eye on.
It's an overwhelming amount of stuff! It's like having a Big Box without the putting/taking, lol. Thank you sender, this was truly great. Also thanks to Rick and B&B!

Alright got some time to go through everything and here's the awesome haul:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Soaps:
New Tabac in bowl
Col Conk
Traditional Quattro
Kent
MB Hydrogen
VDH
Arko stick

Creams:
Cyril R Salter French Veltiver
Kiss my Face fragrance-free
Old Spice original
CO Bigelow small tube
Cella

Brushes:
(used)
Vintage Ever Ready
Tweezerman
AOS

(new)
Kent pure bristle
Omega
Simpsons Special Best badger

Razors:
5 Gillettes, two of which I know (Tech and red-tip superspeed)
7-day Straight Razor set
Vintage GEM Junior with case

Samples:
AOS kit, EJ Sea Buckthorn, (3)TH unscented oil/cream/as, Ogallala Bay Rum, Trumpers Lime cream, (4) TOBS creams, Voskkhod blades, 7 o'clock blade

Misc:
CVS premium shave kit
Brush stand
Old Spice mug
Stainless steel blade
Akribos XXIV Automatic watch

What a fantastic experience! I love how we snooped around in each others posts to see what to get each other. The Simpsons brush is something Ive craved for some time now. Other things that were on my list were some Tabac, Arko, and an Old Spice mug and cream. Im not sure Ive ever talked about those so my sender must by psychic! Also, a winding watch?! Amazing! Theres no way that couldve been coincidence - it too was something Ive had my eye on.
It's an overwhelming amount of stuff! It's like having a Big Box without the putting/taking, lol. Thank you sender, this was truly great. Also thanks to Rick and B&B!

Wow! That's quite a haul. To me, the other razors appear to be a Slim Adjustable, a Single Ring and a NEW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom