What's new

GIVEAWAY! Too many Techs PIF

Are you a gold or silver (nickel) kinda guy (or gal)?

Offered here are two Gillette Techs. Both are all brass, one dressed in gold (no date), the other in nickel (B1). The nickel razor sports the etched Gillette logo on its cap, the gold does not...which leads me to think (though I'm not sure) that it originally had a fat handle...but I'll let someone smarter than me (@Alum Ladd?) determine that. The nickel razor handle was originally gold, and was stripped and re-plated by yours truly...so it's kinda nice but not perfect.

Anyway...the rules (ugh):

- Open to any member who joined before February 19, 2024.
- The first person to say "I'll take the (insert your choice here) owns the first razor...immediately.
- Whoever claims the first razor will stipulate the terms of PIFing the remaining razor to another member (duration, method of selection).
- I will ship each razor to the new owners upon completion of the PIF.
- CONUS only 😥😥😥
- The first rule, and shipping limitation, apply to both razors.

So, the first person immediately gets the razor of their choice simply by claiming it, and then must set the rules for the remaining razor. I can be as simple as the next person to say"gimme" or it can be a more traditional, week long "I'm in!" chosen by a random number or drawing, or something completely different like "I'm thinking of a number..." or "guess my middle name"...whatever...you get it.

Let the fun begin. 🙂👍

20240226_152604.jpg

Last edited:
OK, get ready, gentlemen. This will require a bit of Google-Fu. I will ask a trivia question. First person to answer correctly wins the nickel Tech. I hope the trivia question is not too obscure and a winner can determined quickly. Question will be posted shortly.

Karate Kid GIF

karate kid GIF by IFC

In honor of the 1980s where many of us had our formative years...

The original Karate Kid movie had Johnny Lawrence and Daniel Larusso as clear antagonist and protagonist. Their opposing characteristics manifested in several ways including financial circumstances and the demeanor of their sensei.

The winner will be the first one to list 5 differences between the respective martial art each character studied. Use traits from real life, not what you saw in the movie. I will be the final judge on the accuracy of the answers posted. No appeals, sorry.

Thanks to @gpjoe for his generous PIF! Cheers to our host!

Don't do it, man. There could be a cataclysm. An apocalypse. Such a time is not the time for such altruistic tomfoolery. You should be using Techs to lure people into elaborate snares and deadfalls. And thereafter to cull cans of Spam from their lifeless corpses. What is this!? Mr. Rogers' neighborhood?

Don't do it, man. There could be a cataclysm. An apocalypse. Such a time is not the time for such altruistic tomfoolery. You should be using Techs to lure people into elaborate snares and deadfalls. And thereafter to cull cans of Spam from their lifeless corpses. What is this!? Mr. Rogers' neighborhood?

🤣🤣🤣...not to fear, I've still got nine left for the end times.

Top Bottom