What's new

Caffeine Clips: Show off your tea/coffee acquisitions ~ March/April 2009

I dont drink coffee or tea... but here is my latest Post-lunch caffeine acquisition.

proxy.php

The nice postman brought this for me:

proxy.php

All roasted (first time roasting). Waaay darker than I wanted to, tastes burnt. I was only going for a City - Full City, I don't know how far this actually went.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Looks like a French roast. (not a good thing)

Try dumping about 20 seconds after you hear the first hints of second crack for full city.

(of course, it also depends on the coffee, and what that particular bean prefers)

Looks like a French roast. (not a good thing)

Try dumping about 20 seconds after you hear the first hints of second crack for full city.

(of course, it also depends on the coffee, and what that particular bean prefers)

You're right, its not a good thing! The cracks, happened way faster than I expected. I'm thinking the sound I assumed was still 1st crack was actually 2nd, yeah, the learning curve is steeper than internet tutorials make it seem :biggrin:

I just picked up my Panasonic NC-EH30P Thermo Pot today. 3.2 quart (3 liter) capacity with 140, 180, 190, and 208 degree keep warm settings. I think that I'm going to like this thing, it should be handy for tea sessions along with having hot water for various uses. I expect that it will save me money as well since my stove is electric as well. Right now I'm running it through the initial clean out boil as recommended by the manual. Review to come after I have had time to play with it.

Tea day today!

From Steve, a cornucopia of samples:

2008 Xiaguan XY "Yi Wu Big Green Tree" Pu-erh tea
2008 Xiaguan FT "Exquisite Elegance" Pu-erh Tea
2005 Hai Lang Hao "Lincang Impression" Raw Pu-erh tea
2008 Hai Lang Hao "Star of Bu Lang" Raw tea cake
2006 Menghai Factory 7582 Raw Pu-erh Tea Cake
2008 Hai Lang Hao * Lao Ban Zhang & Man'E Ancient Arbor cake

From puerhshop:
2007 Changtai 7538
Dayi Big Classic, which looks like Jim played frisbee with it is is so beaten up inside....
Miscellaneous samples, including a 2005 Changtai
2007 Xiaguan brick
Cup and gaiwan

Ahhhhh..... TAD satisfied temporarily

The score today from TJ Maxx:

bodum Kenya French Press (12 oz) @ $16.95

bodum Kenya Tea Press pot @ $19.99 (for when I'm lots of tea to go)

There was also a very tempting large bodum French press and a bodum thermal carafe at good prices. I might go back for them. And to think that I walked in there looking for shaving items (no luck there).

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Tea day today!

From Steve, a cornucopia of samples:

2008 Xiaguan XY "Yi Wu Big Green Tree" Pu-erh tea ***
2008 Xiaguan FT "Exquisite Elegance" Pu-erh Tea
2005 Hai Lang Hao "Lincang Impression" Raw Pu-erh tea
2008 Hai Lang Hao "Star of Bu Lang" Raw tea cake
2006 Menghai Factory 7582 Raw Pu-erh Tea Cake
2008 Hai Lang Hao * Lao Ban Zhang & Man'E Ancient Arbor cake ***

From puerhshop:
2007 Changtai 7538 ***
Dayi Big Classic, which looks like Jim played frisbee with it is is so beaten up inside....
Miscellaneous samples, including a 2005 Changtai
2007 Xiaguan brick
Cup and gaiwan

Ahhhhh..... TAD satisfied temporarily

When it rains, it pours. How did I miss this post? I'll need mini reviews on the teas noted above in red.

Today's score-
Sometimes you're the bug. Sometimes you're the windshield.
Sometimes you beat your wife to the mailbox. Sometimes she beats you.
Today, she won. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to open "the box".

Thanks, Steve!

Top Bottom