What's new

SHAVE CON '09! The Ohio Gathering in late May.

For many reasons we are moving the event to May 30. We are also moving the destination to Canal Winchester (about 20 minutes from Columbus).

This will afford us to do this at a very low entry price (to cover refreshments), very low table fees, an overall lower event cost and larger meeting space, all in close proximity to the Ed Jeffers Barber Museum and some barbers who will do some shaves. It was hard to pass up.

I am also hoping to be able to set up a webcam to have a virtual presence also! (Someone want to volunteer?)

If you want to display or sell something just email me at [email protected]. This will be a lot of fun!

So, can a mod either close this thread or change the title to highlight the changes?

Canal Winchester is easy to get to. All we need now is a place and start time, which I'm sure will come in due time. Looking forward to it.

I'm down for a tentative / maybe. SWMBO's birthday is that week and I don't know if if we will be celebrating on the weekend. (I kind of doubt that she would view going to Shave-con as a good way to celebrate. Women, go figure.)
Any ideas yet as to time or day ? I think it will be about a 3 hour ride from Indy.

I have friends and family in that neck of the woods - is this something you had to pre-register for, or can you just show up the day of?

I would be willing to make the trek from the Poconos, and my gf's family lives in Pittsburgh, so it won't be too much of a trek.

I'm also a definite maybe :wink:
C-bus is about 1.5 hours for me.
Right now the calendar looks clear, but when you have a wife and 3 year old....

I don't understand the thread the title says SHAVE CON '09 in late May then the When says Saturday, February 28th, 2009. Noon to 4:30pm

What: Shave Con '09 A time set aside to get to meet your B&B neighbors, talk shaving and see cool stuff!

Where: Columbus, OH - Buckeye Hall of Fame Cafe

When: Saturday, February 28th, 2009. Noon to 4:30pm

Specifics: We are still working out the details, but I need to validate that 20 people are interested, with a current maximum of 40. The maximum we would charge would be $10/head to cover the meeting room charge - $400 (Shaving Essentials will cover the other half.)

I am looking for a few demonstrators and exhibitors. It would be great if tables to show, trade, demonstrate, discuss, etc. I will bring lots of products for people to see what you like and I encourage others to do the same!

Ok, there it is. Please give me your feedback. If it is successful, we can try to duplicate it in other areas.

So is May 30 for sure because I would love to come but I will have to take leave fill out the out of bounds forms, etc. to be able to come. I would love to come to the gathering.

For many reasons we are moving the event to May 30. We are also moving the destination to Canal Winchester (about 20 minutes from Columbus).

This will afford us to do this at a very low entry price (to cover refreshments), very low table fees, an overall lower event cost and larger meeting space, all in close proximity to the Ed Jeffers Barber Museum and some barbers who will do some shaves. It was hard to pass up.

I am also hoping to be able to set up a webcam to have a virtual presence also! (Someone want to volunteer?)

If you want to display or sell something just email me at [email protected]. This will be a lot of fun!

So, can a mod either close this thread or change the title to highlight the changes?

I have friends and family in that neck of the woods - is this something you had to pre-register for, or can you just show up the day of?

If you just want to attend I say just show up. But I will try to help coordinate a schedule for people who want to take tours at the Barbershop Museum and those who want professional shaves.

If you want to sell some things, please let me know asap so we can coordinate tables and spaces.

The best way to contact me is to email me at [email protected].

Top Bottom