What's new

SHAVE CON '09! The Ohio Gathering in late May.

I know I can get at least 3 friends of mine there. If only there were say an engineering student at OSU with friends he could encourage to attend...

$10 per person admission to the event is a deal!

-Andy

I'd bring my friends along, but most of them have given up even electric shaving. School starts up on Monday, I'll see then.

Mark

I'd bring my friends along, but most of them have given up even electric shaving. School starts up on Monday, I'll see then.

Mark

So they all have beards? You can count (as stated earlier) me and 2 definites coming with me. Still need to talk to 2 other friends that will likely attend. What's the official count now, John? 14?

I think that May 30 would work for me. I still prefer April, there's less going on during that month.

I may be interested in coming down... but hopefully there will be more exhibitors. If there's interest, I wouldn't mind trying to arrange a carpool from Cleveland.

If you would be able to arrange a carpool from Cleveland, I'd be in. When I'm not going to school in Canton, I live in Erie.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
This sounds like alot of fun. Let me ask Mrs. Gold if I can fly out there to attend. She'll definitely let me go if she knows Ray is attending.

Answer:
Have fun fellas :rolleyes: :biggrin:

If you would be able to arrange a carpool from Cleveland, I'd be in. When I'm not going to school in Canton, I live in Erie.

If I go, I'll be driving in and more than likely on I80.
"Welcome to Pennsylvania. Next 360 miles - TREES"
Cleveland's not that far off, is it?

Hey, I just moved to Cleveland! Once we get the date set I can know if I can make it. I'd be happy to carpool too.

People move to Cleveland? :tongue_sm

I will call the space to see if we are ok for May 30. I think it would be best.

BTW, we are trying to line up some very cool things at/around this event. It should be alot of fun!

Maybe we can even stream a cam online for the it for all those who cannot attend.

Last edited:
If gas stays cheap, I might even be able to make it then!

It's 9 hours from Trenton via the Pennsylvania Turnpike. (Just made that trip two weeks back.) I-80 takes longer, unless you are coming the very northern part of NJ. Even then it would be more direct to take either I-78 or I-81 to Harrisburg and the PA Turnpike the rest of the way. I-70 in Columbus brings you in just a few miles south of where the gathering will be.

It's 9 hours from Trenton via the Pennsylvania Turnpike. (Just made that trip two weeks back.) I-80 takes longer, unless you are coming the very northern part of NJ. Even then it would be more direct to take either I-78 or I-81 to Harrisburg and the PA Turnpike the rest of the way. I-70 in Columbus brings you in just a few miles south of where the gathering will be.

It looks, according to Google Maps, that it is about the same taking I80 or the Penn Pike. I80 doesn't have tolls. But I am sure it has tons of construction.

If you're in Trenton, if memory serves, there is a Cluck-U there near the baseball stadium. I think World Con I attendees may enjoy some of the Global Thermo Nuclear Chicken Wings, you know the ones with the sauce the color of old transmission fluid.:lol:

So is this officially in Feb or is it still being decided?

Only about an hour drive for me from Dayton.

Dont be afraid of driving in february.
Unless we have a freaking freak blizzard hit, the only thing you need to worry about is the cold.

If you're in Trenton, if memory serves, there is a Cluck-U there near the baseball stadium. I think World Con I attendees may enjoy some of the Global Thermo Nuclear Chicken Wings, you know the ones with the sauce the color of old transmission fluid.:lol:

There's a Cluck-U on High St across from the OSU campus.

Top Bottom