What's new

SHAVE CON '09! The Ohio Gathering in late May.

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! see post #42

*important update*
For many reasons we are moving the event to May 30. We are also moving the destination to Canal Winchester (about 20 minutes from Columbus).

This will afford us to do this at a very low entry price (to cover refreshments), very low table fees, an overall lower event cost and larger meeting space, all in close proximity to the Ed Jeffers Barber Museum and some barbers who will do some shaves. It was hard to pass up.

I am also hoping to be able to set up a webcam to have a virtual presence also! (Someone want to volunteer?)

If you want to display or sell something just email me at [email protected]. This will be a lot of fun!

I am looking for a few demonstrators and exhibitors. It would be great if tables to show, trade, demonstrate, discuss, etc. I will bring lots of products for people to see what you like and I encourage others to do the same!

Ok, there it is. Please give me your feedback. If it is successful, we can try to duplicate it in other areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds like a great time. I would really like to attend. My biggest concern is the time of year, location and weather.

Good luck and do let us know how it works out.

I may be interested in coming down... but hopefully there will be more exhibitors. If there's interest, I wouldn't mind trying to arrange a carpool from Cleveland.

I'll talk to SWMBO about this tonight. I've got a sister up near Canton (though February in Ohio concerns me too :eek: ). I would be willing to demonstrate something.

--Mark

February in Ohio isn't that bad (usually). Just make sure you know how to catch a slide in your car and you're golden. On some occasions a high clearance vehicle may be required, and I can easily get 20 people in the bed of my truck if absolutely required:biggrin:.

I could be talked into making the drive from Wisconsin. I have an old college friend that attends Ohio State that I'd like to see.

With that being Indy 500 weekend, I definitely wouldn't be able to make it. Not saying I would definitely drive out on Feb 28, but May 23 would be an impossibility.

Right, Indy 500 is pretty big here and I wouldn't be able to make it that weekend.

Right in my backyard! Count me in.

I hope that the maximum number of participants can be raised.

I know I can get at least 3 friends of mine there. If only there were say an engineering student at OSU with friends he could encourage to attend...

$10 per person admission to the event is a deal!

-Andy

I'll be there!

Don't let the Febuary date scare you. Roads are pretreated, then salted and cleared almost immediately during a snowfall.

Top Bottom