What's new

Thin Wallet

I've carried a Costanza wallet for years and it's wreaked havoc on my back. I have decided that I am only going to be carrying a few cards and I have a money clip so I only need space for a handful or cards and a few receipts that I might collect during the day. I have a Coach wallet which I love and has held up wonderfully for years, but from years of carrying a few dozen cards in it, the wallet is incredibly stretched out and anything but slim. Does anyone have any suggestions on a high quality wallet that will last, but small, slimmed down version more suited to my back saving purpose?

Thanks all

I have a small Samsonite creditcard holder. Works very well and will last a couple of years at least.

A few years back I switched to a front pocket wallet. I have one of these:

http://www.boscaonline.com/78-ol.html

It holds a few cards and a drivers license. One side is a money clip. It's been great. Since it only holds maybe 5 cards at max I'm forced to cut down on the crap I haul around with me.

If you wear a jacket consistently in your daily life, you could consider a more old-fashioned approach and see if you can find a wallet like the one my Grandfather gave me, which is about the size of a checkbook. It may in fact have been at one time a checkbook cover, but it also has spaces for cards and cash in it. It's designed to be carried in an inside pocket on a suit/sport coat.

Also, while in Paris I carried a money clip/wallet combo thing. It's got a clear plastic frontpiece for your ID, a space in the middle for cards (and one on the back as well) and a clip for cash. It was comfortable in the front pocket of my trousers and held everything it needed to.

I gave up on carrying wallets years ago. All I need is one credit/debit card and a DL license. Cash is quickly becoming obselete but I do carry a $20 bill for those purchases requiring cash. Any important documents or pictures of the family get scanned and loaded onto my Treo. I am free from the chains of walletness.

Tim, I've carried one of these the last several years, and they're very slim. I have the Original and the Executive leather.
WOW.. I love this one.. thx for posting!! If you have an extra used one you want to sell.. let me know as i am going to order a new one if you don't !!
Wayne

Key point is to get the wallet out of the back pocket, your back will thank you. I've been carrying my thinned down wallet in my front pocket for a few years now. Just a card carrier really. That and a money clip. No more sore back. Now if I could just get down to a DL and a couple of cards like the others.

I like the front pocket wallet design too. Of the styles shown so far I much prefer the one I have been carrying the past 10 years. I have the two toned black and mahogony, and it's holding up fine. The front flap opens up for two sections of card holders. and FYI when closed the top portion squeezes open for a change carrier although I use it to hold receipts. Don't like carrying change. Cheap too at $50. Link.:

View attachment 29863

Mine is the one on top:

View attachment 29865

Top Bottom