What's new

Thin Wallet

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Quit your job and go back to school full time. Your wallet will get thin automatically. Oh wait... didn't you just do that for a graduate degree or something?

All this talk about wallets has me reconsidering mine. What do yall recomend for some one on the cheap as broke® plan?

Dang.. again, that would take the money I meant to put INTO the wallet thus negating the need FOR the wallet...

Wayne

Well currently I alternate between a $10 'pleather' wallet I got when I was 13 and my grandfathers old tabacco pouch so its time to get something that is both quality and doesn't make my money stink.

Cigarette case or the Swiss Wallet (Wagner of Switzerland)

A hearty ++1 on the Swiss Wallet. Made of durable aluminum with a steel money clip on the back. The inside holds 5 cards comfortably with no fear (from me anyways) of them falling out. FTWDK, the cards are inserted into the wallet from the top of the narrow side. This engages a spring mechanism that when the cards are pressed in, efficiently locks them in place. Items can be removed by pressing forward on a button on the face of the wallet, almost like a switchblade. I've been obsessed with thin wallets and traveling light for years now and have tried all sorts of things. Before my Swiss Wallet, I literally took the photo id flap from another wallet and used that for a couple of years. I've had the Swiss Wallet now for over a year, and don't see myself getting tired of it anytime soon. . . That is untill I saw this ad for another thin type wallet from https://www.dosh.com.au/. Just a warning, their wesite is mostly flash and it runs real slow on my computer. Other than that I'm real intrigued by the DOSH 01 Shadow.

JB
Now if I could just find the perfect (*ahem, cough) man purse. :eek:

When I was in the USA this summer I stopped off at coach in San Francisco and got me a money clip. my loose change just goes in my jeans pocket and I feel much lighter for it. On card occasions I have a 3 slot samsonite card carrier for driving licence credit and debit cards, picked up at an outlet somewhere in Utah I can't quite recall.

Sure beats the massive wallet I used to carry.

I switched to front pocket carry a couple of years ago, too. I'll never go back to that tortuous hip pocket carry.

+1

Ihave always carried my wallet in my front pocket, or even in my backpack if I have it with me. That episode of Seinfeld where George sits at an angle because of his huge wallet just stayed with me I guess.

I went through the same process just a little while ago. Did some research, and found Aspinal of London. They have absolutely stunning leather goods. I was actually looking for a premium-quality leather A4 padfolio at the time, and I came across their wallet section. They have beautiful slim wallets in several styles that aren't outrageously expensive. I placed an order last Friday, and DHL courier shipping (their only shipping option) across the pond had the order in my hands at 9am this morning (Monday). Now I'm the proud owner of a GORGEOUS new slim wallet (I picked up the tan/espresso slim ID wallet), a matching checkbook (on sale for an amazing $7.50), and the most beautiful A4 pad holder I have ever seen (black with cobalt suede). I couldn't be happier.

Aspinal's attention to detail is immaculate. Everything is handmade, the leather feels and smells incredible, and the colors combinations are beautiful. Their prices aren't absurd, either...there's a shipping/handling/customs duty surcharge that is proportional to the price of your product, the only downside from ordering from the UK (if you could call it that--3 days courier shipping across the Atlantic!?!).

This site certainly feeds my fine leather goods AD... :thumbup1:

Thanks for the tip, this is what I went with. Thanks very much. And you're right very fast shipping, I ordered on Tuesday night and the wallet was delivered on Friday.

All this talk about wallets has me reconsidering mine. What do yall recomend for some one on the cheap as broke® plan?

Allow me to direct you to my earlier post on this thread. I've been on the cheap as broke plan for quite some time now. That clip works surprisingly well and doesn't look as ghetto as you might think. It's a solid minimalist design, completely recyclable, multipurpose, and it's so cheap, it's almost free. Heck, you probably already own one.

I like the front pocket wallet design too. Of the styles shown so far I much prefer the one I have been carrying the past 10 years. I have the two toned black and mahogony, and it's holding up fine. The front flap opens up for two sections of card holders. and FYI when closed the top portion squeezes open for a change carrier although I use it to hold receipts. Don't like carrying change. Cheap too at $50. :
This was my 2nd choice..if I don't like the all-ett.. will be ordering this one..

Wayne

Just a side note to this thread.....
Earlier today at work, a coworker was getting ribbed about his "Costanza wallet" by a few of us, and I showed him my Executive from www.all-ett.com. He was so impressed as I brought up the website to show him their other offerings, he handed me his credit card and had me order him one.

Fast forward a few hours, and a repeat of the same performance with a second coworker. The first guy told him about my wallet, and after seeing the website, we ordered him one also.

Those guys at all-ett should give me a commission :rolleyes:......

Top Bottom