What's new

ID needed: Gillette OC Travel

Could somebody identify this razor for me? What would be a reasonable price for this beauty - I am thinking about buying it?

I think that may be the same travel razor I am trying to ID, with very little success! Does it say Made in Germany on the bottom of the center plate, with a very small maker's mark that looks like a P overlaid with an F? It may also be near the hinge on the case.

http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38467

let me know if you find out anything! (by the way, I paid $7.50 for mine at an auction a few weeks ago, but your case is in much better condition. Don't know if I got a good deal or not, but it looks cool and shaves GREAT!)

Yep, the imprint says "Gillette" and "Made in USA". However, by looking at it a bit closer - another shot -, I just discovered that one of the teeth is badly bent... :frown: So, I think I am not gonna buy it.

I believe that handle is not a USA Gillette handle. I bet it's a 3 piece tech head with a different handle. Looks like some of the set which are made in Austria and not Gillette.

You can clearly see on this close up that the head is definitely a Gillette. But I think you are right, and someone just put together the parts of two different razors - if that is what you ment.

Is there a mark anywhere on the outside of the case? There might be one near the hinge. that may give you a bit more info.

Top Bottom