What's new

Put Proraso AF Balm in Refrigerator

Hey guys, i tried this the other day...i put my Proraso after shave balm in the refrigerator over night. Next morning had my morning shave, then put on my AF and i was nice and ICE cold. As far as i noticed it still preformed like normal but felt so much better because the cooling affect is much more powerful.

i was wondering if anyone has done this, and is there any negative affects to this?

Dude, have tried this or thought of it before. However, my AS Balm is sitting in the frig right now. I will let you know tomorrow after the shave.

At my apartment, we have a main fridge and freezer, and a smaller fridge for drinks, and a smaller one for condiments. Wait'll I tell my roommates we need an aftershave fridge!

I've tried this with all of my aftershaves; however, I put it in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes before I finish shaving and then I apply it to my face.

Quite honestly, I only do this during summer and warmer weather but not in winter.

Rafi

Aqua Velva CAN be stored in a conventional freezer without freezing. I've had a bottle in the freezer since stumbling across this thread over two weeks ago. While I can't speak on whether or not the chemical make-up of Aqua Velva has been altered due to being stored at these cold temperatures, I can say that my face didn't know the difference.

As for an improved "cooling effect", well... I honestly don't know that it's worth it. Don't get me wrong - it still cools as Aqua Velva does, but since it's so thin, the temperature of my hands and face seem to warm the splash very quickly. Keep in mind, I have only tried this with Aqua Velva splash (NOT balm). I could see how it might be different with a thick balm, though.

-Pete

Yeah i've noticed that with my balm, though it still cooler, the warmth of my hands and face quickly null the effect. but it still nice...works pretty good with my Proraso balm

Did the same with Coral Skin Food (pulled a new bottle from storage in the fridge) and boy was it nice. It was almost worth the trek from the bedroom to the utility room outside the garage. Not quite enough to justify doing that every morning...wait, maybe I'll do that before I leave in the morning. Thanks guys!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I would do this but I don't like the idea of having my aftershaves stored in the same place with my scotch. I would hate to splash on Johnnie Walker Gold in the morning. :eek: Hey, wait a minute...

considering vodka is kept in the freezer without freezing, and thats only around 40% alcohol, while most common aftershaves contain upwards of 95-97%,

the blam im not sure,

My wife already thinks I'm a little off my rocker for all the shaving supllies in the bathroom. She'd really think I've lost it if I start storing them in the kitchen. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom