What's new

WhiskerLess DE Shaving Journey

Always remember first a schwing then a schwig. Not the other way around
Which reminds me of one of my favorite memes.

aschwingandamish.jpg

22/365

SOTD: 03/05/2024

Razor: Henson AL13 Medium (3)
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated, (3)
Brush: Parker Badger
Bowl: Bicrops Black Bowl
Soap: Chiseled Face Cedar & Spice Croap
Aftershave: Proraso Refreshing Aftershave
Balm: Nivea Soothing Balm
Additional Care: Thayers Original

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

IMG_8859.jpeg

23/365

SOTD: 04/05/2024

Razor: Henson AL13 Mild (5)
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated (5)
Brush: DSCosmetic Super Badger
Soap: Chiseled Face Cedar & Spice Croap
Aftershave: Proraso Refreshing Aftershave

Hmmmm interesting shave today.

I got this DSCosmetic 22mm knot super badger brush because handle is pretty nice and cheap. But its not dense and doesn’t really hold a good lather.

I have another one with 26mm knot synthetic and hopefully it performs better but no expectation at all. It is what I paid for.

I will give it some more try but I don’t recommend it at all.

Lesson learned atleast that even brush could really make a difference in shaving. I thought that brush is just that, a brush.

Another thing is that I am trying to do daily shaving. However I don’t have much growth to actually shave. I can hear that blade sound which I’m addicted to but its not as satisfying as when I have atleast 2 days growth.

Maybe its just me or maybe because of the brush. Its still a CCS but shave could have been better.

Anyways, happy shaving everyone !

IMG_8874.jpeg

24/365

SOTD: 05/05/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4 (16)
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated (2)
Brush: DSCosmetic Resin Synthetic
Preshave: Proraso Protective Cream
Soap: ToBS Royal Forest Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Refreshing

A very pleasant satisfying BBS shave.
My Rockwell 6S as expected delivers great irritation free shave results for me.

I could not tell yet maybe its the blade gap or the fact that I could adjust the cap tilt angle during shave. All of which is the only difference I could think of compared to Henson.

One thing is clear though, I haven’t replicated the same outstanding shave result yet with my Hensons.

IMG_8883.jpeg

25/365

SOTD: 07/05/2024

Razor: Henson AL13 Medium (4)
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated (4)
Brush: DSCosmetic Synthetic
Preshave: Proraso Protective Cream
Soap: ToBS Royal Forest Cream

Another satisfying, irritation free BBS shave. Getting more comfortable each shave. I hope that it just gets better and better from here onwards.

Practice makes it perfect, so cheers to many more shaves. 🍻🪒🤔🤣

Happy shaving everyone !!!

26/365

SOTD: 09/05/2024

Razor: Henson AL13 Medium (5)
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated, (5)
Brush: DSCosmetic Badger
Soap: Chiseled Face Summer Storm
Aftershave: Clubman Musk

Another irritation free DFS+ today.

However, I find CF croaps drying out mid shave. I also find it lacking in terms of slickness. Its one thirsty croap for sure and requires more water than ToBS or Proraso creams.

I have CF GTB, Summer Storm, Cedar & Spice all similar in performance. It lathers beautifully like yoghurt but my concern was its lack of slickness and drying out mid shave.

Not sure if its really a soap issue or me doing something wrong.

26/365

SOTD: 09/05/2024

Razor: Henson AL13 Medium (5)
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated, (5)
Aftershave: Clubman Musk

Another irritation free DFS+ today.

However, I find CF croaps drying out mid shave. I also find it lacking in terms of slickness. Its one thirsty croap for sure and requires more water than ToBS or Proraso creams.

I have CF GTB, Summer Storm, Cedar & Spice all similar in performance. It lathers beautifully like yoghurt but my concern was its lack of slickness and drying out mid shave.

Not sure if its really a soap issue or me doing something wrong.

You may still have a problem with not enough water. Lack of slickness usually is from lack of water. How thick is your lather that you make? I would experiment a bit with more water. You may want to check out some lather tutorials here on B&B, unless you already have.

You may still have a problem with not enough water. Lack of slickness usually is from lack of water. How thick is your lather that you make? I would experiment a bit with more water. You may want to check out some lather tutorials here on B&B, unless you already have.
I did watch tutorials and read articles about lathering.

https://www.classicshaving.com/blogs/shaving101-com/201-shaving-lather-too-dry-too-wet-just-right

Consistency is nice like those in pressurize can soap already. I even went overboard adding more water to the point where small bubbles are already visible.

Razor just wont slide, does not have slickness unlike when Im using pre shave.

I was experimenting without pre shave. Bloom the soap while taking warm shower and use the bloom water from CF tub as pre shave.

https://www.classicshaving.com/blogs/shaving101-com/201-shaving-lather-too-dry-too-wet-just-right

Consistency is nice like those in pressurize can soap already. I even went overboard adding more water to the point where small bubbles are already visible.

Razor just wont slide, does not have slickness unlike when Im using pre shave.

I was experimenting without pre shave. Bloom the soap while taking warm shower and use the bloom water from CF tub as pre shave.
If you have a consistency that of canned foam will give you it is too thick. People that use canned foam here on B&B will tell you that they add water, even to canned foam, because of the lack of slickness.

By the way have you ever tried face lathering yet? If not it is my preferred way. Once I tried it I was sold. You load the brush on the soap or in the case of cream you smear it on the face or if you use a stick you rub the stick on the face. After that you work up a lather directly on your face and just add drips of water onto your brush if you need more. Once you get the hang of it it is very easy.

If you haven’t already you might want to check this tutorial as well. It was instrumental to me in getting my lathering right.

T
If you haven’t already you might want to check this tutorial as well. It was instrumental to me in getting my lathering right.

Thanks a lot, appreciate it. Will give it a thorough read.

27/365

SOTD: 10/05/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6S R4 (17)
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated (3)
Bowl: Bicrops Black
Balm: Nivea

I have no plans to shave today but to do practice lathering only.

Thanks to @blethenstrom and @Guido75 for the tips and reading materials.

I intend to try face lathering on my next shave but in order to show my homework in lathering best to do it in a bowl first.

Patience, tiny dip of water - rinse and repeat. When I saw the lather I made, screw this I have to shave all of a sudden. 🤔🤣

I’m so glad that I did, with the lather I made and my buddy 6S it was a superb BBS shave. It was twice better than yesterday.

Attached photo below, I hope lather homework is acceptable. Did 3 pass already and still a lot left for few extra passes.

Happy shaving everyone.

IMG_8937.jpeg

27/365

I intend to try face lathering on my next shave but in order to show my homework in lathering best to do it in a bowl first.

Patience, tiny dip of water - rinse and repeat. When I saw the lather I made, screw this I have to shave all of a sudden. 🤔🤣

I’m so glad that I did, with the lather I made and my buddy 6S it was a superb BBS shave. It was twice better than yesterday.

Attached photo below, I hope lather homework is acceptable. Did 3 pass already and still a lot left for few extra passes.

Happy shaving everyone.

View attachment 1843854
That looks like some good lather!

27/365

Happy shaving everyone.

View attachment 1843854
I’m in the same boat, we started around the same time and I’m still trying to tweak my lather also.
This was mine from tonight:
First pass was a tad thick so I had to add some water to the brush then work it in on my face and that worked well IMG_4659.jpeg

Top Bottom