What's new

How many blades do you keep on hand?

How many DE blades do you have right now?

• Under 20

• 21-100

• 101-250

• 251-500

• 501-750

• 751-1000

• 1001-1500

• A bazillion, I can't even get in the room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just curious how bad the addiction gets here, I've been at this whole thing a month and have just over a thousand blades or so.

Where do you fit in?

Your poll options might not caught several of the people here. Some of the people here have several thousand blades on hand. I currently have about 3000. How I got them is another store. I have acquired over 35 different types/brands and the total cost for me $0. Here is another thread What is your blade count? that talks about it.

So which apocalypse or blade-calypse should I plan for? Right now I'm just working on getting through 12/12/2012 as its the most readily accepted end-of-the-world scenario. Should I plan for something else???

300 se
100 de
bag of maybe 25 of random old gillette blue, super thin, wedge,gem reversible. all new

1 straight

I have a couple hundred strays here and there but my go to blade is the allegedly discontinued Super Iridium, I have almost 3,000 of them...Just enough to get me into my early 90's...:lol::lol::lol:

I would say my total blade count is somewhere around 4,000. Why? Because we can...

I'm sure if you search for past posts by me you will find the picture. I have added a few since then but you'll get the point...

Justin

Last edited:
I've got around 350 blades. Of these, the bulk are Iridium, Gillette Yellow, Medical Prep Personna, Feather and Derby blades. I have a pack each of another ten blades to help keep things exciting with a little variety. I figure this should last me about five years. Fearing the Shavepocalypse, I'd like to keep at least a three year supply on hand at all times.

I am actually surprised that I have just under 100 blades of various brands, and have only been using a DE for a little under a month. Still trying to determine my favorite.

I think I have 1 new blade left in my SE pack, might need to stop by the drugstore and get another pack one day. :thumbup1:

So which apocalypse or blade-calypse should I plan for? Right now I'm just working on getting through 12/12/2012 as its the most readily accepted end-of-the-world scenario. Should I plan for something else???

Well if you are a fan of the Red Israeli Personnas, you might want to stock up just in case Israel is wiped off the map in the near future. There's a lot of unrest in that part of the world.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I currently have around 400 blades: 200 Red pack Israeli Personna, 100 Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile and 100 Shark Super Chrome.

I have about 30 Derbys, 10 Israeli Personnas, 10 Dorco ST301s and the wife has about 8 Merkurs. TBH I see no point in hoarding masses of blades. Why have so much money tied up in an easily bought commodity? When my stock of Derbys has run out I am going to do a direct comparison between Dorcos and IPs to see which ones I like the best and then just buy the winner 100 at a time. My shave den is going to become one razor, one brand of blades, one brush. Now creams, I have lots of those.

Top Bottom