What's new

B&B <3's Saint Sue PIF

Good morning fellow B&Bers,

As many of you know, our dear Sue of Saint Charles Shave has been in a valiant battle with cancer. Her daughter, Wendy, informed us not long ago that Sue will be leaving us (I dare not say "losing the battle." If you know anything about Sue at all, you know she's not one to throw in the towel).

I cannot speak with a fraction of the eloquence of Sue herself, so I'd like refer you to [thread=133484]this[/thread] thread that details Sue's battle in her own words. Refer to post 280 on page 14 to read Wendy's post about Sue's terminal diagnosis.

B&B has set up a cancer research fund in Sue's honor:

http://www.info-komen.org/site/TR?pg=fund&fr_id=1120&pxfid=149874

To date, over $2000 has been raised by our collective members. I've put together this PIF of a few razors, a blade case, and a random assortment of blades in Sue's honor. This PIF is open to all B&B members WORLD-WIDE! The only condition is that you must click the komen link above and donate at least $20 to the fund. This is consistent with the B&B contribution PIFs one often sees here. When you do so, please remember to leave your details (B&B username as well as real name) so I can see the names of all the contributors.

I will let this PIF run for two weeks at least, and there is a chance that I will add items to it as we progress. I want the winnings to be worthy of such a great lady. As it stands now, the winner will receive:

1 Gillette 40s Superspeed
1 Gillette Fat Handle Tech
1 GEM Micromatic
1 GEM Featherweight
1 Schick Krona
1 Brass blade box
7 assorted blades (new and vintage)

If you would like to enter this PIF and you have already contributed to the fund, please contact me. We will have to work something out. Otherwise, empty those pockets, ladies and gents. Let's show Sue and Wendy how much we love them and how much their presence on B&B means to us.

UPDATED SWAG PIF #1
11/05/2010

full

UPDATED SWAG PIF #2
11/07/2010
full

:badger::badger::badger::badger::badger::badger:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. I'm going to plunder the shave den after work and see if I can't find some things to add to the winnings.

Alright guys, I turned my den upside down and shook it. Here is the updated list of the winnings, complete with photos.

1 Gillette Fat Handle Tech
1 Gillette 40s Superspeed
1 GEM Featherweight
1 GEM Micromatic
1 Schick Krona
1 Brass blade box
7 Assorted blades (new and vintage)
10 Loose Feather blades
1 New-in-box Palmolive shave stick
1 Vintage Williams soap puck in box
1 New-in-box VDH Deluxe soap
1 Chandrika Sandal soap
1 New-in-box large C.O. Bigelow shave cream
1 Used (about 75-80&#37; remaining) bottle of Pinaud Clubman
1 Black Enamel mug for use as a shave mug or storage mug

Better?

Also, I failed to mention in the first post, the winner will be chosen randomly from the full list of members who contribute to Sue's fund via this thread. Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom