What's new

Palmolive shave stick reformulation?

Hi folks! I got my hands on two packages of Palmolive shave stick recently. Both of them last month, one was bought in UK, the other in Germany. The one from UK is a classic one as seen on every picture here - with GUT(2,2) "sticker". The other one has a few very slight design changes and the sticker absents. But the most important thing are ingredients.

UK one ingredients: Potassium Hydrogenated Tallowate, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Aqua, Glycerin, Parfum, Olea Europaea, Elaeis Guineensis, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, BHT, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Coumarin, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, CI 11680, CI 12490, CI 74260, CI 77891.

German one ingredients: Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palmitate, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua, Glycerin, Parfum, Olea Europaea, Elaeis Guineensis, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, BHT, CI 11680, CI 12490, CI 74260, CI 77891.

I haven't tried the German one yet, but I've fall in love with the UK one. So I hope, that the differences in ingredients list aren't very serious... Has anyone noticed it? I've read about something similar in a Speick review section, but didn't notice any differences in performance.

That doesn't sound like an improvement to me!

Are they both made in Germany; the one you call the UK one certainly is but were is the other manufactured?

I know there are different Palmolive shaving soaps worldwide but in Europe the German made one (meaning the first you mentioned with the 'GUT 2,2' on it) is the only one I have seen yet.

That doesn't sound like an improvement to me!

Are they both made in Germany; the one you call the UK one certainly is but were is the other manufactured?

I know there are different Palmolive shaving soaps worldwide but in Europe the German made one (meaning the first you mentioned with the 'GUT 2,2' on it) is the only one I have seen yet.

Yes, both of them are made in Germany, they are with the same "ID code". I hope it will be OK, but I have to finish the first one. I'm thinking of buying a few sticks for safety reasons :blush:.

Yes, both of them are made in Germany, they are with the same "ID code". I hope it will be OK, but I have to finish the first one. I'm thinking of buying a few sticks for safety reasons :blush:.

Yes, let's start hoarding the 'classic' Palmolive Classic. :thumbup:

I shaved with Palmolive stick this morning. It is one of my most favorite soaps and one of the least expensive in my rotation.

I was at the shops today and they are 50p and they have stacks of the ones with tallowtastic recipe. Seems to be still in production.

Last edited:
Wow! I only have a couple of these. I'm starting to have a hard time keeping up with the appropriate hoarding. Maybe we need a sitcky thread somewhere with suggested products to hoard? :001_smile

Anyone seeing this stuff for under $2 should probably buy the store out and start selling it on classies when the current formula runs dry.

Top Bottom